Scalping Index futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by eusdaiki, Jul 11, 2006.

How many trades per day?

1. below 50

133 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. 50-100

24 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. 100-150

8 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. 150-200

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. 200-250

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. 250-300

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. 300-350

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 350-400

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. 400-450

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. 450+

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. 5pillars
    What do you know about the Delta Phenomenom book? I found it while trying to educate myself in Market Delta.

When you use Market Delta do you look at the volume difference or totals at bid and ask of each price?
    I find you one of the most interesting poster on ET and your opening bracket order thread was very thought provoking. Thanks

#51     Jul 25, 2006
  2. I have not read the book you mention....not sure about it. I will try and look up this book and see what I can find.

When I track the delta I watch the difference, the totals at price levels, and the trend of the delta as it goes from net negative to positive (or just the opposite).

For scalping work you want to have the delta at your back.

#52     Jul 25, 2006
  3. 5pillars
    thanks for the reply
    this is where I read about the book. Sounds like something different than what your watching.

http://www.deltasociety.com/theDeltaStory.aspx

Currently I use Volume profiles of 1 day back and cumulative of 3 days back for support and resistance zones. Sounds like the market delta you use is a bit different than these.

#53     Jul 25, 2006
  4. Yes I was just checking that web site out.....they seem to be doing something different (maybe on a bigger time frame).

What I do is pretty much a realtime analysis of the delta for system trade entries intraday.

#54     Jul 25, 2006

5. When you watch totals at price levels would that be the same as a realtime market profile?
    I signed up for the trial at Market Delta, will take some time to learn what I'm looking at. I have a study for esignal for bid ask analysis. Didn't know how to read it until I watched some of the videos at Marketdelta. I plotted it again today and found it interesting to watch. It doesn't collect any history so it is only from bar zero. Maybe you could tell me if I'm seeing it correctly. I think it is similar to some of the Marketdelta charts. In the afternoon as the uptrend started the volume on the bid was higher for a couple bars(2min.) than the ask got hit and the rally stalled. The next few bars showed the volume on the ask higher than the bid put declining, than a bar with higher bid volume marked the bottom of the correction so I jumped in there. Turned out to be a good point.
    I was trading from work on a laptop and don't have the marketdelta on it yet. I also didn't know how to get the cumulative and track only the regular session. I have the answers from tech support now(they are quick to reply) so I have lots of work to do tonight. Do you track this stuff on the ym and es, if so do they act similarly? During the afternoon chop I couldn't get a feel for what it was telling, maybe it was saying nothing.
    When you say have the delta at your back are you referring to the cumulative?

Sorry about so many questions but I had lots of them and find this to have lots of potential for improving my trading.
    Thanks for suggesting delta in your posts.

#55     Jul 25, 2006
  6. Just saw your post here...I will be back in a while to answer your questions (going to Fry's before the traffic gets too bad).

I would advise ANYONE thinking of using market delta in their trading to get Investor R/T by Friday of this week (after you do your due diligence of course).....after Friday you may see some very cool changes with Inv RT & MD. :cool: :) (I like grandfather clauses...:) ).

BRB!

#56     Jul 25, 2006
  7. Aok

Aok

Do not buy that book.

Nothing against Mr Wilder. Some of his indicators are clever but the Delta phenomenon is not one of them.

Delta that 5pillars refers to is something totally different.

#57     Jul 25, 2006
  8. Aok

Aok

#58     Jul 25, 2006
  9. What is Investor R/T?

Before traffic gets bad? Around here it's almost always bad. Seattle area.

#59     Jul 25, 2006
  10. Aok

Aok

http://linnsoft.com/

#60     Jul 25, 2006