Scalping in USA

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dirk, Dec 15, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

If you read Martin's own book "Pit Bull", it is all there. He was not a scalper.

#51     Dec 21, 2007
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

One should not forget that leasing a seat on an exchange and not having one is like wearing a cheap suit bought at a local market or an exclusive boutique over at Knightsbridge :) At a certain level you are expected to have rather than not have. Pit based trading most likely will join dinosaurs at your local history museum.

#52     Dec 21, 2007
  3. There are so many forms of trading that go by the name of scalping.. just about every one except real scalping in fact

#53     Dec 21, 2007
  4. But can't possibly be as bad as your spelling :p

#54     Dec 21, 2007
  5. ssss

ssss

If you read Martin's own book "Pit Bull", it is all there. He was not a scalper.

" ... with huge underwater position "

He used occassionaly as one of multiple tactic .Place on exchange give possibility to make that .

As each tactic this is limited ,alsov with place on exchange .

Advantage's of place on exchange

1.speed against retail
    (but competition from another exchange member's)
    2 .commission (if place selled after with profit )

For retail in CME exist not relevant possibility (from author test
    and game theory) long term to win tick or two on enz7

Atleast not observed relevant result by any contest's

by www.marketzar.com -all winner (author alsov) high intensity
    intraday trading - blend from half-point,points,two-five points ...
    20-40 operations per day .

About russian scalping you can ask dirk(starter of this thread ) ,he is winner of RTS exchange 2007 contest with 1900$ 21 time's multiple in quartal . Each day 500-1000 operations .

He performed heavy task against competitions ,but he's
    method not possible to use on CME

It is possible only in Russian undeveloped market .

Your respectfully ....

#55     Dec 21, 2007
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

that is exactly why I have opted out of researching dom analyses, only price and price based indicators reveal real accumulation ImO.

#56     Dec 21, 2007
  7. ssss

ssss

JSSPMK

12-21-07 01:12 PM

One should not forget that leasing a seat on an exchange and not having one is like wearing a cheap suit bought at a local market or an exclusive boutique over at Knightsbridge At a certain level you are expected to have rather than not have. Pit based trading most likely will join dinosaurs at your local history museum.
    ######################################
    Depend from exchange's ,compare NYMEX policy with
    CME policy .Was disscused before ...

#57     Dec 21, 2007
  8. ssss

ssss

Simonis rentec .they need competent personal ...

Can ask through e-mail ,if you wish .

#58     Dec 21, 2007
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

This is very true. The games played on Dom are legion, but there is a way to see through them. Not sure if it is possible on bund but definitely on DAX. I have posted a link earlier in the thread of how I do it.

Price action is the most important variable of course, but Dom helped me hugely to be not shaken out as many times as I used to be. Once I am in a trade that went into green, managing it becomes easy, it is the beginning that is hard. My loss tolerance is very small. Dom analysis helps to identify bad entries, and thus avoiding them.

Redduke

#59     Dec 21, 2007
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Ssss,

Just curious what aspects of under developments on rts are being exploited, if it is not proprietory of course.

In order to work for simmons, you need at least a PhD.

#60     Dec 21, 2007