Scalping in USA

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dirk, Dec 15, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Maxsit,

1) It varies, depending on current day volume, but it is around 15-20, sometimes less or more.
    2) I only trade first 2-3 hours after dax opens (1 st before cash opens not including). US morning session provides great opportunities since markets overlap.
    3) I do not know any succssful scalpers who go for 2-3 ticks. I have heard some do it successfuly via algo trading utilizing market depth. I havily use MD myself. If interested read this thread:
    http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103293
    4) I tried searching for interviews, but the site requires registration to view them. Please post them here if you can.

Regards,
    redduke

#31     Dec 20, 2007
  2. sk8erboy

sk8erboy

I think if a person trades 50-100 times a day and consistently making money then he is a floor trader and owns a seat on an exchange.
    I doubt you can do this electronically in a liquid market.

#32     Dec 20, 2007
  3. You can find logins for many sites (including traders daily) that require registration here

http://www.bugmenot.com/

#33     Dec 20, 2007
  4. Of course it's possible. Look at the DAX - volatile, 13 hour trading session, cheap to trade (compared to any of eminis ), bid/ask spread typically 1 tick. There are ample opportunities to find 50 trades in a session.

Whether many people can successfully do it is another issue entirely.

#34     Dec 20, 2007
  5. sk8erboy

sk8erboy

Then why do people still pay millions of dollars buying a seat, screaming and pushing one another each day?
    Wouldn't they feel more comfortale in a home office drinking a coffee and pushing buy/sell buttons?

#35     Dec 20, 2007
  6. There is no pit trading on DAX - all electronic now.

#36     Dec 20, 2007
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

FDAX ImE is an easier future to trade compared to ES. Even though FDAX is more volatile, its' oscillations offer ranges that are very lucrative considering spread, most of the time an average oscillation cycle will offer x30 the spread, that is an excellent reoccurring opportunity in comparison to ES where you really have to gun for an intraday swing to make it worthwhile. To this day I still struggle with ES, it's like an untamed horse that just keeps on kicking you in the nuts. FDAX is at its best whenever price has been over extended and is showing weakness - BANG!!!

#37     Dec 20, 2007
  8. Spot on. It amazes me that so few people can see this and become obsessed with ES.

And thanks for your (and ASusilovic's) journal. Very informative.

#38     Dec 20, 2007
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

No problem, quite different styles, mine is quite primitive, but seems to work out OK in the end.

#39     Dec 20, 2007
  10. Maxsit

Maxsit

Duke, thanks for the info! I think I shouldn't publish the interview here due to copyright issues. Please pm me your mail and I'll send it to you.

#40     Dec 21, 2007