Scalping in USA

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dirk, Dec 15, 2007.

1. ssss

ssss

P.S.

From real -time contests' ,where author participated in USA (marketzar.com)
    and in Germany (trader2005-2007)
    no one winning result was performed with
    scalping .

Intraday yes...

You must not have any doubt ,that leading group whiich won price money in this art of conterst's have alsov multiple real money accounts ...

And tactic ,which used to win contest alsov used in real moeny contest , only risk decreased some 5-20 time#s (position value in % from capital )

Your respectfully ....

#21     Dec 18, 2007
  2. nachprod

nachprod

milstar.
    u nas k tebe prosba. ne pishi v etoi vetke, tvoe mnenie mi znaem, i hotim ponyat drugoe, bez obid, ok

#22     Dec 18, 2007
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Ssss,

Please define scalping. In my book scalping is going for 1-3 ticks, and it originally comes from pits where insiders where exploiting bid/ask differences.

It would not matter what your speed or hardware is if you try to scalp dax for 1-2 ticks, unless you have algo trading you would loose. There of course could be an exception to this, but I have not met anyone.

The retail staff (platforms, feeds internet connections) these day are very good even for high frequence intra day trading. You will not get a better fill via t1 over cable boost (30mbps).

I currently trade 1 product only which is dax, and the set ups that I have discussed work great.

Regards,
    redduke

#23     Dec 18, 2007
  4. ssss

ssss

nachprod

milstar.
    u nas k tebe prosba. ne pishi v etoi vetke, tvoe mnenie mi znaem, i hotim ponyat drugoe, bez obid, ok
    ###############################

Winner of contest in Russia gave author recommendation not to write in this thread .

Suspect ,that they(RTS and winner's) are interessed win new clients thorugh promoution's . Without new clients old winner can not exist ,as he have multiple advantage's and new player's not .

This praxis essentialy equal as in USA or in Germany...
    Russian (Moscow )version

Operators which are placed near exchange and have best connections together with broker's and exchange are interessed promoute scalping .

About winner of contest can say ,that he adapted local conditions(that is full correct from author point of view )
    and performed top result some 21 -time's in quartal
    on capital 1800$ .Sorry ,but if calculate this % with most used
    USA methodology (commission in time as operation performed ,not to end of the day) ,that result would some 2 time
    lower...

Winner won on 1800$ approx 36000$ in quartal and payed more as 10000$ commission (precise knew commission only from 3 performer -was near 10000$)

Each broker interessed to have clients ,which payed 3000$
    commission per month .

#24     Dec 18, 2007
  5. ssss

ssss

Redduke

By each calculation take row of 1000 not 30

Ken Uston group have developed advantage of 0.5-1%
    in multi-mln $

Mutilple books stated -"...I/We have 60-80% winning operation"
    That can be
    1.Lies
    2. Only short row of operations

Take row of 1000 operations with enz7

bid 2030.50- ask 2030.75

If you buy/sell you loss spread and loss 4$ for R/T
    for retail

Which will you catch by row of 1000 ,without have place on exchange ?
    Tick ,two tick ?

How great must be your advantage in this case
    (-spread -commission for R/T for retail)

80-90% ,Do true mean that any operator by retail have /had this advantage ?

You can calculate ...

RedDuke

12-18-07 05:23 PM

Ssss,

Please define scalping. In my book scalping is going for 1-3 ticks, and it originally comes from pits where insiders where exploiting bid/ask differences.

It would not matter what your speed or hardware is if you try to scalp dax for 1-2 ticks, unless you have algo trading you would loose. There of course could be an exception to this, but I have not met anyone.

The retail staff (platforms, feeds internet connections) these day are very good even for high frequence intra day trading. You will not get a better fill via t1 over cable boost (30mbps).

I currently trade 1 product only which is dax, and the set ups that I have discussed work great.

Regards,
    redduke

#25     Dec 18, 2007
  6. ssss

ssss

RedDuke wrote -

That is essentialy false . Connection from Eurex is 128-256 k
    in most of the case`s(exploit side www.eurex.com)
    Only market-maker have better

If your local connection to your provider in USA is 30 mbps ,it
    would play not a role ...

#26     Dec 18, 2007
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Exactly my point. Faster more expensive feeds will not provide better execution. But I think we both agree that aiming for few ticks is extremly difficult to do on retail level, but if trade horizon is increased a bit, high frequency inter day trading totally doable.

#27     Dec 18, 2007
  8. ssss

ssss

1.Blend of halp-points,points,two points ,4-5 points
    20-50 operations per day .

Possible to win day trading contest by marketzar.com
    you can registr and see results by each winner .

2. If you placed 100 metr near exchange and lease line
    1.55mbit-10 mbit direct to exchange for 1500-5000$
    (price list LIFFE) -yes ,you would have some speed advantage's

Illustrative example

To have 530 winning from 1000 against 510 from 1000 from operator which placed 1000km and used standart ISP

this advantage by high intensity ,long-term would decisive ...

#28     Dec 19, 2007
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Very good post ImO

#29     Dec 19, 2007
  10. Maxsit

Maxsit

Thank you very much for your info. Could you please answer the following questions:
    1. How many trades do you do per day?
    2. What time of the day do you prefer for trading? What do you think abount traiding during US session (after german stock market is closed, dax futures is still trading until US session ends).
    3. Do you know successful scalpers? How much do they earn per day (or month) average?
    4. What can you say about the interview with Paul Redmond at www.traderdaily.com. Paul says that he earns $15k average per day on fdax.
    Your information will be highly appreciated.

#30     Dec 20, 2007