scalping eurusd

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cvds16, Dec 25, 2017.

1. cvds16

cvds16

Yes, I really appreciate your help in making me think things through. I am most gratefull for that. You really are making me clarify points and how I see trading. However there are many ways to skin this cat.
    The repricing risk is especially great around ECB intrest rate changes and the speech afterwards and at NFP so you don't want to be in the markets around these times.
    However I think it's almost impossible to outguess fundamentals (or 'funnymentals' ;) ) and that's the reason one should stick to the technicals as they arise ... so it's not really necessary to find out what's driving the data as long as your charts make sense at least imho.
    And I am aware that this is almost heresy to some people ... but that's the way I see it ...
    Off to the dentist now ... with a bit of luck I am back in a big hour.

#161     Jan 2, 2018
  2. kellys

kellys

LOL

Good luck at the dentist anyway!

#162     Jan 2, 2018
  3. expiated

expiated

But price is NOT fluid. For example, vds16 wrote that he "Sold everything at 1.2080." Note that the exchange rate is now back down below 1.2040.

EURUSDM5.png

Thank goodness he locked in his profits when he had the chance or those 40 pips would have vanished like smoke—but now he can reenter a long position with those gains safe in hand AND collect a few dozen more.

#163     Jan 2, 2018
    cvds16 likes this.
  4. cvds16

cvds16

seems I didn't miss too much at the dentist and all too right you are, I woulda haven been cursing big time if I had missed that profit opportunity ... looking for a new long idd but waiting for the right setup to come along ... the best of the day could be over ... unless something happens around ema20 on hourly

#164     Jan 2, 2018
  5. kellys

kellys

Fluid meaning constantly moving (except weekends and daily rolls of course).

The fact that price went from 1.2080 back to 1.2040 means it IS fluid.

He can't answer my question so maybe you would like to?

#165     Jan 2, 2018
  6. cvds16

cvds16

well, I am back ... my guess would be that the bigger the timeframe the bigger the players that are active on that timeframe ... at least that was what I had been told by another trader ... kinda makes sense to me

#166     Jan 2, 2018
  7. kellys

kellys

What happened with this?

#167     Jan 2, 2018
  8. cvds16

cvds16

looking back I probably should have shorted that evening star on hourly: all my other timeframes were overbought ... well too bad, I had to leave (and tomorrow again I will have to miss the entire NY session).

#168     Jan 2, 2018
  9. cvds16

cvds16

putting in a buy stop at 1.20424

#169     Jan 2, 2018
  10. cvds16

cvds16

got hit and sold it for 1 pip profit

#170     Jan 2, 2018