scalping eurusd

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cvds16, Dec 25, 2017.

1. kellys

kellys

Sorry to hear about this mate! I hope things improve with your health.

#101     Dec 30, 2017
    cvds16 likes this.
  2. cvds16

cvds16

yes, it does, I had plenty to time to think about my stuff the last few days ... I am not on the right path with what I wanted to do ... so I will stop scalping and let this be a swing trading journal from now on ... hopefully with better results ...
    I'll be moving to higher timeframes for that: 2H/3H/4H and daily

#102     Dec 30, 2017
  3. kellys

kellys

Will you be using the same system/strategy for swing trading as you did for scalping?

What did you want to do?
    What are you trying to do?

#103     Dec 30, 2017
  4. kellys

kellys

What is this based on?

If this is your long-term view, will you continue to be short market as it rises?
    Is it also possible that we could continue to 1.25 or even 1.30 without ever seeing 1.1717?

I'm only considering this because you are now swing focused.

#104     Dec 30, 2017
  5. cvds16

cvds16

No I departed with that long term view in light of my new info of the bigger charts. I see us going to 1.1941-ish (so I will short the 2nd of Januari) where I will go long and my really long term view is that we are going to 1.2356 ...

#105     Dec 30, 2017
  6. kellys

kellys

Okay, thanks!
    I will be following along with interest.

All the best in 2018 with your trading!

#106     Dec 30, 2017
  7. cvds16

cvds16

All the best to you too for 2018 !

#107     Dec 30, 2017
  8. cvds16

cvds16

I took some more time to go over my charts and backtest hypothesises ... seems I was once again on the wrong track with things ... but I found a solution after long pondering about things ... I kinda integrated Elliot wave thinking into my price action on occasions ... I also will look better for divergence and hidden divergence into my trading.
    Thus far what ma I seeing here: this kinda looks like somewhat of an intermediate top:I got 1H morning star in overbought stoch, that rolled into 2H ib break in overbought stoch, the 4H looks like it will break during the Japanese session and I am watching curiously what's going to happen to the 6H chart. My guess is we might see an evening star there too. If that last thing is the case I will have to resolve to my 'Eliot Wave'-thinking (in lack of a better name) and my target of 1.1941-ish will become void; instead I will have to use the waves in stochastics to tell me when to get out. That is unless we get an 8H engulfer at level then I will have a fixed target again for when to reverse to long ...

#108     Jan 1, 2018
  9. cvds16

cvds16

Overall the picture is not too clear looking at bigger chartframes (3H/4H/D) so I will refrain from shorting this since we are in overbought but overbought can last a long time ... better see some clear setup before going against this.

#109     Jan 1, 2018
  10. cvds16

cvds16

This is probably a short countertrade so I will take the short after all and take profit at ema50 on hourly

#110     Jan 1, 2018