Scalping ES

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Lucias, Jul 8, 2011.

1. True , I forgot that this thread was about someone with a 5k account trying to scalp, my mistake.

Commissions/spread would just eat you up unless you were trading something with larger tick value like ZB, 6E, CL, ES which could quickly turn that 5k into dust if you suck at scalping. Sure there are people out there who could turn that amount into large size. Doubt they will come out of the bushes and show everyone how or gloat about it though.

:p

#21     Jul 10, 2011
  2. bone

bone

"I have did this on Ninjatrader some years ago. "

Knowing Harris Brumfield and Gennady Gertsman personally, and having traded against Paul Rotter in Liffe and Eurex, let me assure you that you did not do anything remotely similar on Ninjatrader. Just 'running orders' is a silly fallacy. These traders are essentially making multiple markets simultaneously based upon inter and intra market relationships.

"Some articles claimed that Rotter would also show large size in related markets to get the pit traders on the wrong side and then he'd reverse on them."

This is closer to the truth, but it had nothing to do with pit traders. It did, however, have everything to do with related markets. Completely. And because most idiot electronic scalpers in the interest rate markets paid no attention to yield curve spread relationships they were sheep led to slaughter.

And I know for a fact that Harris and Gennady are excellent spread traders. And Rotter used spread relationships to scalp quite effectively - a fact that was lost on the local scalpers thinking he was 'flipping' just on them. He was, in fact, opening and closing spread legs. And just like Gennady and Harris, he would often just close an open unhedged spread leg for a scalping profit.

The crap that gets posted is amazing. Read a couple articles, jack around with a thousand bucks on a retail punter platform, and that makes one a supreme subject matter expert I suppose.

#22     Jul 10, 2011
    traderdemarket69 likes this.
  3. cloudy

cloudy

Al Brooks trades the /ES for a living. (See other ET threads about him and his book: "Reading Price Charts Bar by Bar". )

his recent presentation on bigmiketrading.com
    http://www.bigmiketrading.com/webinars/jun29_2011/al_brooks_price_action/

his fan collaboration site:
    www.brookspriceaction.com

He posts daily update analysis of the whole NYSE /ES session.
    http://www.brookspriceaction.com/viewforum.php?f=1
    (you need to register free to access the forum first)

If one optionally subscribes to his daily session webinar you can see him watching, commenting on, and trading the /ES all day. He takes 4 tick scalps when he can.

#23     Jul 10, 2011
  4. pokito

pokito

Don't dismiss where others are at.??

Aren't you the same guy who was railing on Nodoji and ridiculing everything she said?....how soon we forget.

#24     Jul 10, 2011