scalping 4 % daily

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oilfxpro, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ur on the right track oilfx...what I just cant understand? With all of today's technologies...now u can really experience trading, enter and exit real-time markets, and get some clue about what your trading abilities are with no money! You can start your trading education for free, or drop back to the basics if you missed it years ago...why does a demo account carry such negative vibrations from all the eti's?? Back in the day, there wasnt such a thing...we paper traded back then and ...paper trading..is like the real joke...not even comparable to a real-time demo account available today. I dont know how many times I wished I could replay the mistake or ignorance that cost me thousands of dollars. Demo? phiffff...yea right. Not me. I remember one time I was just gettin up to speed with the j-trader and when I hit the keys...i bought when I meant to sell...i bought again...then sold the wrong number of contracts...then reversed and went flat...CRAP! in less than a minute I was down 17es points! Improper executions can kill you!

Not to mention all the times before electronic trading when the "system" I was trying out (develp this one sys where I divided the linear m/a by phi and then multipled that by gallons used on my water bill...higer than the market buy...lower sell ha) ne way, the times the market would take me into the MODES...when it moved against me. It usually started with the Crap Mode... 1. "CRAP, im on the wrong side"...then it would go deeper and Id move to 2. "man, I HOPE this comes back"- the HOPE mode...and then usually on to 3. "PLEASE GOD!...let me get my money back"- the PLEASE...GOD mode...which ultimately lead to the 4. the PUKE mode. No doubt you have been there done that huh?

Do you think a demo account is just like a game? Well, I like to win games dont you? But think again; if you are losing money..in a rut..cant pull the trigger...u need the sim. But you have to approach it like it matters...it matters if you make or lose money. Like Ive said before...because you can make money with a demo account, doesnt necessarily mean you will make money trading your cash but you MIGHT be able to make a few bucks. But, heres the dig, if you cant make money with a demo account...you aint got a shot. See, most of the time the market educates enough money from you to become a doctor or a lawyer...and probably more of your time. But unlike doctors or lawyers, most traders dont get paid to learn...or "practice" (like Practicing Attorney..Practicing Physician...whats up with that? I hate payin someone to practice!).

Oh, I know all about "its not real" and "doesnt mean a thing" but why not give "it" a shot before you throw your money away or begin your "investment" in your education...trust me, you will get plenty of opportunities to pay as you play. Noob's and rut traders...Take the demo serious for a week, or as long as it takes to make a thousand mistakes or double your account...treat it just like it was your money and your life. Hone your reflexes..experience the unknowns...put your thoughts to the test and get the bugs worked out...Write down your mistakes and work to eliminate them...at weeks or months end, think of all the lessons you will learn and the sim wont cost u a dime. Its a golden mechanism...especially for the old guys...in a perpetual slump...guy who's been trading for 20 years and still... eat'n like a bird and shit'n like a bull... Of course, if you're makin money you dont need no stinkin demo...u already know all u need to know so good for you. But for the rest of you...you wont be disappointed if you give it a try! You will at least get the all important screen time.

(Oh, and if you dont have ne thing to do...try dividing the kw hours from your elec bill into the total dom orders...and then multiply by phi...divided by the number of years you have been losing money...times a moving average of a fib percentage...just sayin)

Stick with your plan and move into the live account easy like... Now...bring on the funk eti's...:cool:

#61     Nov 15, 2011