scalping 4 % daily

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oilfxpro, Nov 12, 2011.

1. It is possible when you trade with the trend on pull-backs and trend continuation , if you get stopped out re-enter.The secret is knowing when to put in the tight stops.

#41     Nov 12, 2011
  2. Try it with a live a/c before you come to any conclusions.

#42     Nov 12, 2011
  3. Here is an entry with a 6 pip stop .

On choppy days it is difficult with small stops , if you look for the right entries on trending days you will get a 12 pip profit ,in the direction of the trend.

I have used them on live accounts.

#43     Nov 12, 2011
  4. Why trade sim if you are already trading live?

#44     Nov 12, 2011
  5. Surprise

Surprise

4% Daily ? If u buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid then you can't period .

#45     Nov 12, 2011
  6. In ES using the 5 min chart, you could start out with 20 contracts and make your 2,000 a day by trading to make 2 points per contract a day.

So do not start there.

Back up and begin with 1 contract and build your mind for a while.

At some point you have learned enough to trade with real money.

So begin with 1 contract and compound.

As it stands, you chose two unrelated time duration charts.

Do two 5 minute charts and make one for chicken feed traders and one for smart money traders. You will find that the smart money goes first so you can trade the chicken feed later. This used to be called tape reading .... LOL .....

So scrap all the descretion and just pretend you are smart and rich and you will be in no time.

Actually, you can't understand anything I posted. You can't even set up the two charts by using a filter.

You are asking a question so you can get your hopes up.

Hope is no good in mostly anything.

Maybe spent 30 minutes thinking.

See if you can think of a place locally where you might find another person who IS a trader. Then get acquainted and keep your mouth shut and take notes. Be sure to keep very quiet what you posted on ET.

#46     Nov 12, 2011
  7. Reading et I am repeatedly reminded that sphincters can talk.

#47     Nov 12, 2011
  8. syrre

syrre

[x] I lol'ed

#48     Nov 12, 2011

9. In 2010 I traded randomly for 1 week and made $2,000 per day , just buying and selling randomly with a 20 pip stop loss.I went live and found the few systems and day trading set ups did't work , and some clever guys had been boasting about trading $1m lots ,my money management got screwed up listening to others and following them.So I came off live to study the potential problems ,of stress /anxiety and inexperience which affected me.

An important thing I learnt is I keep taking enough small profits , on a bad day I will come out with a profit.To make money with systems and set ups , the set ups had to be present during the day , the set ups were not working due to market conditions.If you wait for 60 pip profits ,they don't always materialise on ranging days , a combination of scalping and bigger profits worked quite nicely.

#49     Nov 13, 2011
  10. If you knew how to implement a break-even subsystem within your trading repertoire , you would become a billionaire , by recovering most of your losses.Go figure it out!There are multiple sub systems and set ups being traded with the junk science called technical analysis.

#50     Nov 13, 2011