scalping 4 % daily

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oilfxpro, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Fake versus real money. No matter what anyone says, there is a big diff between the two.

#21     Nov 12, 2011
  2. Just simulating to train the mind on psychologically winning on the sizing up.

Think the $6 billion would run stops left,right and centre, it can be manager by splitting the 6 bn into ten trading accounts of $600m spread over 4 currency pairs and multiple other instruments.

#22     Nov 12, 2011
  3. Lucias

Lucias

Look forward to seeing the results.. remember you'll have to do more then 2k to average 2k.

I'd say I'd have to risk 2x as much my goal or a bit more, so that would be 4k for me (minimum).

4/50 = 8%

I believe it would be possible but not without risking at least 8% of your account per day. I like to withstand 12 losers which is how I got the 8% but I think it is pretty close to the max risk.

I think it is possible. At my level, I don't think it would be possible to do it risking only 1k per day unless you are trying to catch big trends and willing to have a win rate in the 38% to 45% range. I like to keep my win rate 55% and higher. If you drop below around 52% the equity curve will become very unpredictable.

So, yes I believe it is possible but I'd say probably not every single day. Let's say you do it at 3 days per week then you're making 288k per year. That's a 576% return. It seems possible but at the upper limit. Might require taking drawdown of 80% to 90% range... Few people could trade back from that. Drawdown above 15% is uncomfortable for me and most people have problems when it exceeds 30%. At that risk level, I don't think it would be possible for me.

It will be very interesting to see how you do. Some trend strategies might hit that without a huge drawdown but they don't do it with any predictability.

#23     Nov 12, 2011
  4. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

I agree... the genius Lucurium is like a mad old senior who doesn't know the first thing about money management... I hope my above post is a help to some of these doubters.

#24     Nov 12, 2011
  5. Knowledge which you can not back test.The discretionary trading is based on so many conflicting and dubious set ups , it can not be back tested.

The probabilities are approximately 2 losses of $ 1 k per week , this is written off as losses .In the worst case scenario the weekly income will be $8,000 (4 winning days 1 losing day *$2k)

It is not an indefinite betting sequence to recover losses , more aimed at sizing down on break even , this way losing days become rare.

These are all high probability set ups.

#25     Nov 12, 2011
  6. Lucias

Lucias

How many trades per day? I'd estimate you're risking about $150 to $250 per trade to do this or else you'll be stopped out at the start of the day.

#26     Nov 12, 2011
  7. 170 trades a day , check the statement.

#27     Nov 12, 2011
  8. 170 trades a day? I'll be your broker :)

#28     Nov 12, 2011
  9. 50k account. Assumptions? What is your leverage? What about slippage?

#29     Nov 12, 2011
  10. Live account will be $200 k , leverage max 8 to 1 /average leverage 1 lot per $200k account.

I need to increase profit target by 1 pip to account for slippage.This is easily achievable.

#30     Nov 12, 2011