Scalpers Progress

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DblArrow, Nov 28, 2002.

1. I use a different approach to scalping, but completely agree with what you are doing and wish you the best,,,good luck OTL

#41     Dec 2, 2002
  2. DblArrow

DblArrow

Thanks OVERtheLINE, appreciate it.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#42     Dec 2, 2002
  3. you are working hard and have the right discipline. its nice to see

#43     Dec 2, 2002
  4. Nice start, Chris. I especially liked the 1.25 pointer - that'll teach'em not to fill ya! On a lighter note, I see no mention anywhere of a daily stop loss - do you have one?

#44     Dec 2, 2002
  5. DblArrow

DblArrow

Oh most certainly!:D

Stop is always set at 1 point, immediatly (if not sooner) upon a filled entry. On occasion I may move it to 1.25 if the hihg/low of a bar so dictates, and also on occasion may move it up (trail) as I did with my BIG winner yesterday!

Make, em pretty, Chris

#45     Dec 3, 2002
  6. By daily stop loss, what I had in mind was whether you have a figure for the total loss you are willing to take for the day ie. after losing X points you quit for the day.

#46     Dec 3, 2002
  7. DblArrow

DblArrow

OOOOPs, sorry, Didn't see the daily part (part of my problem).

No, I do not have a daily stop as of yet. If there is a set up I will take it. The next setup does not know how the last 1 went or if I am down $300 or not.

As a side - while I am here - I am done for the day and took 11 trades 10 winners - this is what I am looking for - will put out the stats tonight - gotta go deal with the snow for now.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#47     Dec 3, 2002
  8. Hmm say, you take 1 point profits and 1 point losses. which translates to 0.75 wins and 1.25 losses including commission of $12.5/RT. with hit rate of 60% we have E = 0.6*0.75-0.4*1.25=
    -0.05points If we assume IB comm. rate of $5. We have E=0.6*(1-0.1)-0.4*(1+0.1)=0.1points Of course 60% don't cut it. I have doubts on whether you can consistently hit 80%. If not you'd prolly have to change your whole W/L Win% equation...

#48     Dec 3, 2002
  9. DblArrow

DblArrow

traderkay - Somewhere back I stated that 60% is not good enough - at this point I do not have the same doubts as you about hitting 80%....But time will tell. As a side thought dropping the target will improve the percentage.

11 Trades 10 winners (91%) for a total of 7 points = $297.20

I really love chop time - just bounces! Used all sessions again because of the gap. I have marked on the chart for the trades and the L or S is directly above or below the entry bar. Most trades were right on target as far as entries go and targets. I bailed early on a couple because I have a hard time giving the trade enough time - if I see slight hesitation I often get out to early.

Trades 1,2,3,5,10,11 all worked as they were supposed to. Here are the remainder.

Trade 4 - +.5; I got out early due the fact that price hit the 20 and then looked like it wouldn't make it back up.

Trade 6 - +.5; Again paniced, it looked like it was slowing (to me) so I got out.

Trade 7 - +.5; Couldn't believe that I didn't get a fill at my target here. Hit the target for 2 bars then I bailed.

Trade 8 - +.5; Was looking for a continuation down, didn't get to target it bounced twice there so I bailed.

Trade 9 - -1; Not quite the right setup, the 5,2,1 had not quite gotten to the 15 but I thought that there was some upage after not taking out the low of trade 7 - came down took out my stop and proceeded with out me.

Overall I am satisfied with the morning - and this is what I am expecting and hoping for from this little system.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#49     Dec 3, 2002
  10. DblArrow

DblArrow

OOOOOPs heres the chart.

Again part of my problem!!

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#50     Dec 3, 2002