"Scalper's" Im looking for a good System

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by traderclay, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Newbies Must Read!

Wanna become a successful trader?

Successful Trading 101: From the Cradle to Financial Independence in 3 Easy Steps :

1. Post "I NEED" message in ET
    2. Go to mail box
    3. Collect tons of $$$ and retire happily ever after

Thus, avoid all unnecessary trivia such as Education, R&D and Implementation and simply demand your second hander's soul's primary need and birth right: the EFFORTLESS access to financial independence and freedom.

You are welcome!

#11     Nov 3, 2006
  2. MTE

MTE

Any oil wells that have been providing a reliable supply of oil? I need to pump oil for 2, max 3, hours a day.:D :D :D

#12     Nov 3, 2006
  3. Although one of my most profitable systems over the last 7 years is the system maxprofit for trading EOD QQQQ NQ's etc. www.maxprofitsignals.com and signals are shared, I do also scalp intraday the NQ.

What I found to compliment your range break is as follows:

For NQ, track the range high and low at 11:30. Then add filters like an ma .. be it rising or declining, also add another filter like a CCI or an MACD.

Now here is the trick .. Only take the break (up or down ..hi or lo range) if the filters confirm.

For example, if your ma is rising and your cci or macd is up .. you would not short the breakdown (lows) .. Only If filters confirm direction, then you take the trade.

All the best

:)

#13     Nov 6, 2006
  4. For the ER2, set up your chart like this:

1 minute chart with MACD in seperate window

1 minute candles

Bollinger bands, 20 period with 2.5 standard deviations

2 period simple moving average with +2 offset (horizontal shift)

Watch that for awhile, you'll see how to use it

#14     Nov 6, 2006
  5. :mad:

#15     Nov 6, 2006
  6. Dude, no disrespect, but what'd you expect? We bust our asses day in and day out to try and figure out how to become consistently profitable in the markets. If somebody has spent years to achieve this noteworthy goal, they're just going to give it away? It will take more work than you can imagine, most especially in the head. Your initial post comes off as extremely naive. Look around this forum. Spend the hours & hours it takes...see if you've got the determination to succeed at this endlessly challenging task of winning in the markets.

#16     Nov 7, 2006
  7. What happened to our little friend?

His last "post" was :mad:

Do you think we hurt his feelings?

Little does he know that the market has a way of "hurting his feelings" even more, unless he adopts a more realistic attitude.

Oh well. Life goes on.

Mean old Steve

#17     Nov 8, 2006
  8. i spent 5 years in uni to learn how to make others rich and receive a measly $40k per salary + slavery to the system to boot.

here is the ONLY way to get a good system:

1. keep your job if you have one
    2. just read and re-read the simple profitable method thread.
    3. test it out on the NQ, ES, YM and ER2 for at least 3 months
    4. once you "get it", start paper trading for 3 months with brackets (stop loss and profit)
    5. once that works, start trading with 1 contract and use that to build your base. only increase your size from your PROFiTS and not from your capital base.

any profitable scalper will tell you that while scalping is extremely hard, every day or week can be profitable once you're "in the zone". it doesn't take long for 1 contract to become a small fortune.

just remember, tradin consists of 20% system and 80% attitude/psychology.

btw, trading is extremely stressful and if you're a newbie looking into scalping, go for at least 4 ticks and setups that gives you 4-6 trades per day.

Dont think about racing high performance cars when you havent received your L plates yet.

#18     Nov 8, 2006
  9. jebigabre

jebigabre

#20     Dec 13, 2006