Scalpers: How many trades do you enter per day?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Aug 12, 2008.

1. I agree, I think forex trends better then equities/indexs.

If someone tries to play a unhedge reversion to the mean on forex you'll get your teeth kicked in. Once forex starts to move its like a run away freight train with no breaks. :eek:

Operator

#21     Aug 13, 2008
  2. That was the reason why I asked it here. I already had a scalping forum up, and a few subscribers that would reply.

#22     Aug 13, 2008
  3. Wow! Let me know when you go on vacation, so I can plan on lower volume, haha.

My current journal plan is to have a reflection journal, which will have a paragraph overview of my day. I also have a trading journal I update every hour that lists my position, reason for entering, criticism/counters (this helps me with my rules, level-headed view), and then reason for exit. However, I had about 25 scalps yesterday and only entered about half that, so I was looking for some reflection here.

Thank you all for your answers.

#23     Aug 13, 2008
  4. cvds16

cvds16

'intraday fx player', read it at least 5 times (the best stuff is in the first 240 pages) and have charts from something like prorealtime.com with you while you read and go over the trades. The clue is seeing channels, taking the hourly for direction and snipershooting from the 1 minute risking like 4 pips to make 40. Then expect to put in at least four months of screentime into it and things will start to click.

#24     Aug 14, 2008
  5. ehhhhh prolly about 500...Im a 1 stock scalper..........

im a dinosaur purely by the hip discretionary...

I got my ass whipped on monday and am ready to take it back

#25     Aug 14, 2008
  6. I think I will look into that as well. Thank you.

Greg

#26     Aug 14, 2008
  7. Btw, besides basic trendlines, channels and support/resistance, I see tons of triangles and similar variations (pennants, wedges). Many of my best intraday plays (30 min to hours) have come off triangle breakouts out of support/resistance/channels.

#27     Aug 14, 2008
  8. candymr2

candymr2

It seems like we trade exactly the same way.

#28     Aug 14, 2008
  9. Where do you trade to get low enough commissions for that strategy? IB?

#29     Aug 14, 2008