Scalpers: How many trades do you enter per day?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Forex scalpers: How many trades do you enter per day?

I'm just trying to get a feel for scalping forex. I've done alright so far (only about 6 plays a day though), but I'm just interested in hearing about what other scalpers do. Thanks for your help.

--Greg

2. Neither scalping nor forex is a profitable way to start. Putting them together is not the best...

3. I'd say I do approx 20/25 RT's a day. Often it's less and sometimes quite a bit more. A lot depends on the type of trading day, choppy, trending, etc., and how I'm trading that day.

4. Hmm, interesting. Thank you for your answer.

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I couldnt agree more.

6. candymr2

candymr2

The most I have done is 240 sides, 120 RT. Normally I average half that.

7. And how do you know it's "choppy" or "trending". Those patterns don't show up until you look at historical charts.

8. Rhetorical question right, or was it an actual question that you wanted answering?

9. I couldn't disagree more! (Sorry TZ!)

Scalping forex can be extremely profitable if you know what you're doing. It's not suitable for a novice starter to trade live but then what market/strategy is?

I'm trading an Oanda account today for my sins (funny enough they seem to be behaving themselves, probably because it's a losing account!)

22 pips in half an hour, what's wrong with that?

[​IMG]

10. cvds16

cvds16

it was a long time I thought the same, however a thread on ET changed view about this six months ago. Been making money consistantly over the last few months, I have been profitable every day this month for example, and I am talking over 30 to 40 pips at least for the four hours I trade this.
    I only start after my dayjob at 4:15 PM CET and trade till 8:30 PM, the best opportunities are gone however after London close. Going to do this fulltime from next month or the month thereafter (depends on when they except my resignment at my current dayjob) as this is really too good. It's the most technical market I have ever seen, leading to real sniper trading.

#10     Aug 13, 2008