scalpers/day traders how are you doing recently?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by my7tvette, Oct 7, 2006.

1. I have similar issue to that referenced by Bitstream. During summer months, I became so used to the lower volatility, and picking my spots carefully, realizing that I wouldn't get many chances to make up for a mistake.

I was all amped up for increased volatility in Sep./Oct. but I probably need to spend more time analyzing and less time buying and selling.

Feels like I am always digging out of a hole lately. It just wears on you after awhile.

#11     Oct 7, 2006
  2. Yeah, making 1% on capital a day is boring as hell.

Makes you want to take big swings, and then you get wreckedtilized.

Hey dude, you should find some hedge fund , like the ones that are losing 20-50% this year, and tell them you have some boring method that makes 200% a year , and you'd be glad to help them out.

They'd probably pay you real good money , and you could play with opm.

If you get hired, I only want 10% of your first years salary for the suggestion, which should be 20 or 30 million for a 200% sure thing system.

#12     Oct 7, 2006
  3. I have mentioned this in the past but you are trading almost entirely against computers. Unless you can figure out what game they play, you're scalping vs a faster, more devious opponent.

You feel lucky?

#13     Oct 7, 2006
  4. yeah that's the problem; as soon as u see an opportunity it's already gone cuz cpus are 100times faster than u and have prolly stp/lmt orders restin' all over the place...and things will get worse and worse with time.

#14     Oct 7, 2006
  5. WD40

WD40

everyday is a new territory.

#15     Oct 8, 2006
  6. tempestuous to say the least...lengthening my time in the trade and going for the higher probability trades...

diversifying to keep busy..

#16     Oct 8, 2006
  7. bighog

bighog Guest

bitstream

there cpu's are 100 times faster than ours...:D

You are just stroking us right? :eek:

Come on guys, quit complaining about conditions, just trade it. this is real money, Who said it was supposed to be easy?

TA, follow that, you will be pleased once you see what is going to happen BEFORE it happens. ODDS, probability, NOT perfect conditions. You will never be so good that TA will not be your most important tool in the box.

If anyone else says : "computers ruin the game" i am going to scream. Computers are a TOOL, computers are not the ANSWER. How long have computers been around? Do whiz kids still lose their ass in the mkt?

learn about TA and know it better than your wife/hubby and you might yet "GET IT". Thank You for your understanding .

#17     Oct 8, 2006
  8. Im not complaing. Its just that this is a new situation for me, knocking at record highs and it takes getting used to. Im not used to upside pressure but I will adapt very quickly if it keeps going up.

#18     Oct 8, 2006
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

Yes, when conditions change you also change. My basic point being that with TA you are following patterns, breakouts, retraces, etc..............NOT THE MKT.

The mkt is going to do what it will do. Your job is to get a step ahead of their next move. O, sure you get false fakeouts etc, (you learn how to manage those and actuall sometimes retests can be important clue for the next breakout) but that is part and parcel in the game. With enough time you will play the odds and be surprised how often you are correct.

Good luck

Example: in the morning your main objective is to catch the days run (we never know when a ONE-WAY day is going to happen.............BUT, we know we want to be on board when they do happen. SO, we work tactics to get onboard without giving a thought to long or short. We are flat when the open starts (maybe i need to mention i only trade ES, nothing else and a daytrader on 5 minchart)

We are always pre-planing our next move, ahead of the crowd, in fact it is the crowd that makes us happy. Many are scared that using well worn age old tactics are not cool. Well, if they are so bad then how come they are still around. KISS

Thank You, enjoy the day off tomorrow

#19     Oct 8, 2006
  10. who's complainin', it's a reality, u shouldnt even e postin' here 'till u start tradin' for real. since u are on a sim and will prolly e for the rest of your virtual career u have no grounds to offer any advice here. ta, ugh, yeah u go so far with ta, when the whole retail world is lookin' at the exact same things u do. it's my daytradin' that has deteriorated, not my position tradin', infact my long term trades are doin' extremely well. cpus are not the cause of my difficulties, read my posts before spewin' your utter nonsense.

#20     Oct 8, 2006