SCALPER Mentors, Maybe you are interested?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by coolweb, Jul 10, 2005.

1. nitro

nitro

I am confused. So you thought this was a team game?

nitro :confused:

#11     Jul 10, 2005
  2. ozzy

ozzy

:)

No I don't. But I do believe in helping others.

ozzy

#12     Jul 10, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

Helping others to do what? You can help others in lots of ways. For example, you can become a career counselor. Or you can help others by teaching them to program, or you can adopt an unwanted child, or you can go to Africa and help the thousands of kids that drop dead from lack of healthy drinking water.

When you step into the boxing ring, are you thinking about how you can help the other guy knock you down?

nitro

#13     Jul 10, 2005
  4. You both are right !

Trading is a solitary effort of skill vs. skill but still there are other forums and chat rooms that are far more friendly then ET.

That being said ET's harshness does do one good thing by weeding out the scumball vendors of this world very well and you must admit it's fun to argue about trading sometimes because it makes you question what you think you know about trading, which can be a good thing.

Overall I think ET just needs to stop the abusive stuff like name calling and personal attacks and it will serve the poster much better.

#14     Jul 10, 2005
  5. ozzy

ozzy

I understand where your coming from. But I consider ET to be outside the ring more like a "sparring match" where one has an oppurtunity to learn and perfect his skills.

I realize you've sacrificed a lot and spent a lot of time and effort to get where you are. I respect that. Whether you help others or not is a personal choice.

ozzy

#15     Jul 10, 2005
  6. I have been helped numerous times on ET with alot of good information. Unfortunately, the direction that I wanted to go at the time was the wrong direction.:D

I also had a system once that was worked great. I traded the same stock as much as 200 times in a single day. I didn't care which way it was trending, I could make money consistently going long and I didn't use any technical indicators. Ten to twenty trades a day doesn't seem excessive to me.

regards

#16     Jul 10, 2005
  7. I thought succesful scalpers had about 80 % winning trades ( see trader P&l thread these guys win on pretty much every trade!) I don't see how you can even begin to overcome commissions and the inevitable losing trades with less than say 70%

#17     Jul 10, 2005
  8. There are so many ways to take money out of the market. A traders own insecurity prevents him from helping others.

There is no Holy Grail. The ability to just trade with a level head and to diversify across several modest systems and concentrate on low drawdown is the key.

But low drawdown = low yield. I seriously doubt there is any system of trading out there that would cause me to protect it with my life. If there was it wouldn't last long.

I choose to not live the illusion any longer....

Now, there is prolly someone that will reply, that will say that the fact that I do not know about these systems, is not proof that they do not exist. I know that! I just don't seek after them or protect them!

My Holy Grail, I am told is Investment Grade...well so be it, but I occasional trade a lot. :)

Michael B.

#18     Jul 10, 2005
  9. u cant do that! the very small edge u have will be even smaller

#19     Jul 10, 2005
  10. nitro u dunno what u talking about. for scalpers 60% is MINIMUM cause R/R is close to 1:1, sometimes 1:1.5.

#20     Jul 10, 2005