Scalper 250 to 500 trades per day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ksonsinc, Jan 25, 2006.

1. the idea is taking alot of shots and taking small loses. in volaitle situations it works great when theres little movment commissiopns eat you alive. from 99-2003 it worked incredible. i'm only trading like this when we go up and down alot

#31     Jan 26, 2006
  2. EricP

EricP

Yes, I agree. YOUR way is really the only REAL way to trade. I bow down to your wisdom.

One thing that still confuses me... What is a scalper is able to make substantially more money with less drawdowns using his/her technique than the REAL traders? In that case, would it be okay to scalp, or should a real trader not be confused by the financial gains with reduced risk and stick with the REAL way??

Different people trade different ways... No one way is right, so long as you can make consistent gains with acceptable risk IMO.

#32     Jan 26, 2006
  3. esmjb

esmjb

spike 500 you are a real idiot.
    are you jealous because some scalpers are making more money than you? do you envy their ability to make money every single day as opposed to your supposedly superior style of making one huge trade and trying to kill it?
    the only thing that matters is making money consistantly and trading in way that allows you to stay in the game. theres all kinds of edges out there...

#33     Jan 26, 2006
  4. 1. Do you think it is smart to call a successfull strategy idiocy?

2. Do you "understand the market" better than a scalper?

3. If someone found an edge in scalping, would you like to see them refusing to take advantage of it?

#34     Jan 26, 2006
  5. buzz

buzz

I scalped for 30 mins in the chat room today live, one of the traders in there done a test on me, he placed all my bets on IB demo account and made 44 YM points. for 2 to 4 ticks a trade commission is included......All the live calls was placed on limits and stops so there was plenty of time to place the trades. In a word, you can make money scalping, but 2 hours a day doing it is enough,
    or you burn out fast...........

#35     Jan 26, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

how many RT's was that ?

#36     Jan 26, 2006
  7. buzz

buzz

about 25

#37     Jan 26, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

25 rt's for 44 points ?

Your broker must love you. Do you trade that much everyday ?

#38     Jan 26, 2006
  9. I never said that i can trade that way; i said that i admire people who can do few trades with big profits. So i was talking about OTHERS. Please read what is written, don't invent your own story.

You start your sentence with "what if", so this means a supposition. In "what if" scenarios the sky is the limit ; it has nothing at all to do with reality. Look around and see how many successful funds and traders are scalpers. Almost none.
    What if someone trades once a day and always takes the tops and the bottoms? Wouldn't he beat all the scalpers?
    I hope you see how ridiculous "what if" suppositions are.

#39     Jan 26, 2006
  10. buzz

buzz

they do love me lol.......but they are good to me.that 44 ticks was based on a VERY tight 15 tick range...

#40     Jan 26, 2006