Scalp Trading Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sam Mcgee, Apr 27, 2004.

1. fibbgann

fibbgann Guest

Try this scalping is for morooooooooooon's

#31     May 1, 2004
  2. for those of us not as intuitve as you; can you tell us why scalping is for moron's?

ps: i have been scalping for 3 yrs substantionaly net positive for 2 ticks only. using sound t/a.

frank

#32     May 1, 2004
  3. Ditch

Ditch

My target is initially 20 ticks, depending on the strength of the move i may adjust it to 10 to 40 ticks. Stop is between 6 to 10 ticks. No.

#33     May 1, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

I have never used Ensign. What is VA?

nitro

#34     May 1, 2004
  5. Domestic,

What stop do you use may I ask? Do you utilize automation like Steve does? What instrument (s) do you trade?

Michael B.

#35     May 1, 2004
  6. Ditch

Ditch

value area: the area where 70% of the trade volume is conducted

#36     May 1, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

Got it.

Thx.

nitro

#37     May 1, 2004
  8. i am going to answer completely honestly, i would appreciate not being told of blowing up my account. no stops at all. i hedge my all my trades using a combination of options and futures. this is in place in case they are needed. it took some time to figure out the proper combination that satisfies my profit targets to make my living. i come from an option background, and have some close family members who are professionals.

#38     May 1, 2004
  9. Ditch

Ditch

example

• mp02.png
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
    #39     May 1, 2004
  10. i trade ym though ib. automation is simply bracket-trader. all the hedges are in place to offset bad calls by me.

ps-- for those interested i use a router that takes two broadband connections (wan1 and 2) for double speed. xincom. take a look.
    it is more than amazing.

#40     May 1, 2004