Scalp Trading Challenge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sam Mcgee, Apr 27, 2004.

1. The market may be different now, but I used the identical tic data from the same days 6 months ago and could not get the method to work as he claims.

#11     Apr 27, 2004
  2. You don't need Ensign to see the charts but Ensign does have a one week free trial. Autotrader is made to work best with Sierrachart: http://www.sierrachart.com/.

I think Sierrachart's free demo will work with Autotrader. Autotrader will playback Ensign files or a number of different tick files to Sierrachart.

#12     Apr 27, 2004
  3. Are you saying there were 9 trades from August 29 to Sept 8th?

-why the method has produced not many trades considing entry
    2 ticks above high of previous 15 min?Averaging 1 trade per day?

-why stop loss shouldn't be below the low of the current 15 min bar?

-Risk and reward is 1:1, is this a good Idea, considering price
    has to move above or below previous 15 min bar by to ticks to
    enter then? I mean some move in our direction occured already,
    so might be little lat to the move? why not enter on opening of
    next 15min bar?

Am i confused?

#13     Apr 27, 2004
  4. I meant to write July 29 to August 8 2003.

#14     Apr 27, 2004
  5. sam,

I'm trying to replicate what you are saying.

1) DL & installed AT
    2) DL the ensign playback files from the link provided
    3) DL and installed SierracCharts
    4) File -> Connect -> Ensign Playback File
    5) Then it askes me to select something from Sierra Chart?? But that directory is empty!

What do i need to set up on SC side and on the AT side to see the charts playback fromt eh ensign data file you listed...

this is confusing...

#15     Apr 27, 2004
  6. I'm at work right now so I don't have access to all the programs. On your step 5 you have to select from the directory where you downloaded the Ensign Playback file. There is some good support at this site for Autotrader playback:
    http://www.e-minitraders.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=25

#16     Apr 27, 2004
  7. I don't know about Kevin, but in my experience, I never met a ho that didn't make false claims.

#17     Apr 28, 2004
  8. His question is much more modest : does it only work on the precise periods he claims for.

#18     Apr 28, 2004
  9. fan27

fan27

This system could have potential if only used to trade economic releases (ie. 10:00 am reports with a 30 min opening range).

I am sure there are other ways to tweak it to generate a profit.

fan27

#19     Apr 28, 2004

10. :D :D ... yeah, them bitches and hoes are trouble. That's why I switched from pimpin to dealin.... :D

Anyway I tried that 15min scalp method (ON PAPER ONLY, I don't trust freakin dreamsellers and advice vendors), and it's crap. Fails more often than not.

However if anyone codes strategies on TS, it's easy to back test it accurately. If you do, please post the results (with explanations. I don't have enough brain to understand these coded strategies).

Good day!

#20     Apr 29, 2004