Scalia Screws the Pooch!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Mar 26, 2006.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Geez, somebody get this trainwreck together:

SCOTUS Justices aren't supposed to be clamoring about how silly they think some case is before it comes before them. At this point (if this story is correct), he should probably recuse himself. :(

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/006613.php

2. Agreed. You'd think he was smarter than that.

bt

3. guido now is into beastality.
    this is news.

4. Real classy guy.

No wonder he likes to hang with Dick "Fuck You" Cheney....

SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1154AP_Scalia_Gesture.html

Monday, March 27, 2006 · Last updated 2:37 p.m. PT

Justice Scalia gives a sign, but no finger

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia used an Italian hand gesture when questioned by a reporter after attending church this past weekend.

The Boston Herald reported Monday that the justice made "an obscene gesture under his chin" - which prompted some online reports that Scalia had used his middle finger.

Untrue.

"It was a hand off the chin gesture that was meant to be dismissive," Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said.

Scalia, 70, is Italian and known for wisecracks in and out of court.

The sign he used in Boston is frequently used by Italians to express displeasure with someone - from mild to deep irritation. It is done by cupping the hand under the chin and flicking the fingers like a backward wave.

Scalia was leaving Mass on Sunday at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross when the reporter asked the justice if he had to deal with much flak related to his conservative Roman Catholic beliefs, according to the newspaper.

"You know what I say to those people?" Scalia said before making the gesture, according to the paper's account. "That's Sicilian."

The paper said that Scalia also said: "This is my spiritual life. I shall lead it the way I like."