SC Lt. Governor - The Poor are Like Stray Animals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Jan 25, 2010.

1. cstfx

cstfx

South Carolina Lt. Gov. compares poor to 'stray animals'
    Posted: January 25th, 2010 11:36 AM ET

South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer is running for governor this year.

(CNN) - South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer isn't backing away from controversial remarks he made over the weekend comparing needy people to "stray animals."

Bauer, who is one of several candidates seeking the Republican gubernatorial nomination, said Friday that providing government food assistance to lower-income residents - things like food stamps or free school lunches - encourages a culture of dependence.

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals," Bauer told an audience in the town of Fountain Inn, according to the Greenville News. "You know why? Because they breed."

"You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply," Bauer continued. "They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."

Even Repubs are shitting on him for his remarks.

Idiot!

2. Mercor

Mercor

What side does truth come down on?

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

South Carolina Lt. Gov. compares poor to 'stray animals'
    Posted: January 25th, 2010 11:36 AM ET

South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer is running for governor this year.

(CNN) - South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer isn't backing away from controversial remarks he made over the weekend comparing needy people to "stray animals."

Bauer, who is one of several candidates seeking the Republican gubernatorial nomination, said Friday that providing government food assistance to lower-income residents - things like food stamps or free school lunches - encourages a culture of dependence.

"My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals," Bauer told an audience in the town of Fountain Inn, according to the Greenville News. "You know why? Because they breed."

"You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply," Bauer continued. "They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better."

I tend to agree with him.

4. +1

It's the same kind of TRUTH that got Jimmy the Greek fired.

5. Once again, truth is truth regardless of who speaks it...or who gets their feelings hurt.
    The radical left solution to the problem...abortion. Funny, that doesn't seem to offend anyone on the left. Hmmmm!

6. +1. There was a lot of whining when welfare rules were changed. We had a lot of 3+ generations of welfare families. I prefer the biblical method - "those who do not work do not eat." Obviously, it was talking about able-bodied people, as it also defended helping the poor.

My mother told me she once saw a show where a welfare mother was talking about adding to her already large brood. And she basically said "I am entitled to this".

Meanwhile, another woman (taxpayer who actually contributed to society) said basically, My husband and I are trying to figure out just how we can have a second child" on our budget. Why do you deserve to have me support more children for you?

7. I have no sympathy for those who depend on the government for their existence, exceptions being the elderly and justifiably disabled. What about lifetime politicians and other gov't sycophants that game the system and do not serve the public? Just as pathetic in my view. Some of these have never held a private sector job.