SBUX good Monday play

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Fizber, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Fizber

Fizber

Starbucks soared from 37 to 40 anticipating earnings on 11/17. Due to accounting changes and the rising cost of labor / operations which will cause gross margins to be flat in the U.S. for fiscal 2007 the stock tumbled back down to 37 and then slipped further to 36. As we have seen, it has traded in a comfortable range since the announcement of the 40,000 store target with 36 being the low end of that range. The company is expected to increase revenue still at a nice 20 percent a year and 20 - 25 percent for eps growth. In the long run the direction is up but as far as a swing trade goes, the only thing that concerns me is it did break 36 down to 35.71. But I was pleased to see how fast the buyers rushed in once they saw it drop below 36. At any rate I think it could make a nice day trade on Monday (closed at 36.31 on Friday). Any opinions?

2. S2007S

S2007S

wait till they release sales figures towards the end of the week. If they show great numbers it could be back to 37.50-38 however any disappointments and SBUX is headed below 35.

3. Fizber

Fizber

Where do you get the information about when Starbucks releases sales figures? I thought they only do it quarterly now as opposed to monthly.