Saying hello

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Hollyholly141, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Holly, just started trading at home as it fits in around my kids being at school. I wanted to join the forum to chat to others, learn and maybe even make some friends.

2. speedo

speedo

Good luck to you Holly. You may have to slalom around some trolls, vipers and losers in here but there are also some good folks..and some good traders.

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Welcome. Do you only trade Forex?

4. gaussian

gaussian

Welcome. What do you trade, and why?

5. quechua

quechua

Welcome. I am also a newbie and this forum has been very useful in every way.

There are great, helpful members.

6. traider

traider

Trading is a shrinking industry with increasing automation. You should try to find better uses of your time first. Try talking to any veteran trader that isn't running automated strategies and you will find the hard truth.

7. DepthTrade

DepthTrade

It matters what your strategy is and how you're playing it. Automation can have plenty of problems if not applied right, just as manual.
    But, yeah I'll agree if one is following indicators, you eventually burn out. That's where robots come in.
    Auto trading does have one massive flaw, which is why even highly intelligent people fail. This is do to how one quantifies statistics though.

8. gaussian

gaussian

This person makes one post about learning to trade and here you are saying their time is best spent elsewhere because the industry is "shrinking" and "all the best people use automated trading"? You are pants on head retarded.

OP don't get discouraged by this guy. There is plenty of room to make money trading discretionary. Many, many people do it profitably every day. On this forum you'll find armchair quarterbacks like this guy discouraging you from doing anything "because the industry is dying and fintech runs the world". Be careful.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    MeAgainstTheWorld and speedo like this.
  9. This site is filled with vile and evil people who will discourage you to the point of giving up. This is not the place to learn or receive encouragement. Please run, and beat wishes on your trading. I’m glad to help point you in the right direction, but it’s far away from this frat house of losers.

10. Overnight

Overnight

So you are now effectively telling users to avoid perusing this forum. If I were the admin of this site, I would frown upon that. Yer not a sharp cookie in the toolbox of apples. ROFL.

P.S. Yes, hello Holly. Any questions about futures from the lowly retail person side, I can try to help you with that. Nevermind the distractions you see from some others. Buck up, yer in a den of silly. It isn't so bad here.

#10     Jan 18, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.