Say what you want about the Wave...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by inandlong, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Good job 'glad. Very funny and clever!

:D

#21     Oct 18, 2002
  2. Thanx for the detailed explanation.............mind if I use the system?

Sarasota.................U serious about 2003 ??

#22     Oct 18, 2002
  3. I remember watching Prechter at the 1987 (Nov.) NCMR Investment Conference in New Orleans basking in the limelight, autographing his book and calling for the end of western civilization. How wrong he was!

#23     Oct 18, 2002
  4. stockman

stockman Guest

So exactly what TRADES have you done based on this guy's predictions?? Nothing else matters.

#24     Oct 18, 2002
  5. Prechter.. It's time for the old man to admit he's blown all the credibility he had, and to retire at his lake (wait he cant retire unless he keeps selling those tidal wave books!) oops..

#25     Oct 18, 2002
  6. btw inandlong, you being a former floortrader, i havent seen much trading wisdom coming from you. hmm.. maybe thats why u're "ex"

#26     Oct 18, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

Heh,

I thought I was doing this - but I have gone "cold."

nitro

#27     Oct 18, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

Surf,

Does this book explain how fibs and gann work into EW? (I am only hypothesizing that they do, I am not too clear on this stuff.)

nitro

#28     Oct 18, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

gladiator,

I am a novice at this stuff - is there somewhere I can read about how to tell if we are in an "impule" or a "corrective" move? Is there automated software (In Tradestation or Esignal for example) that "hilites" and identifies the state of a given move _as_it_is_happenning_? Even better, as a callable function?

FWIW, my experience with this stuff is that you only know that you are in one of those moves well after it is established, in which case you either chase, or, wait for a retrace and are now trading against momentum - the "only" remedy to this would seem to take smaller time frame trades based on a higher time frame...

I am not sure I understand this "system" too well so I would not be surprised to learn that I am confused...

nitro

#29     Oct 18, 2002
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Nowhere. But my curiosity is always aroused when someone's comments have no internal consistency. If name-calling is your response, I have to wonder about the level of your professionalism.

--Db

#30     Oct 19, 2002