Say No To Thin E-mini Spread

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by estrader, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Minime

Minime

More comprehensive hedging vehicle, not arbing. Just making an assumption though.

#51     Dec 12, 2002
  2. Not talking about hedging but arbing the basket against the futures; less stocks in the basket makes it easier to do with less execution risks ...

#52     Dec 12, 2002
  3. See above ...

#53     Dec 12, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

Heh,

And the traders that traded weenies would be called weewannabe's, or maybe, weeners.

Heh, then they would have small weeners - I mean small spreads...Hmmmm, come to think of it, maybe both...

nitro

#54     Dec 12, 2002
  5. Small weeners looking for tighter spreads ...

#55     Dec 12, 2002
  6. nitro

nitro

LMAO :D :D :D

nitro :D

#56     Dec 12, 2002
  7. Tea

Tea

Desperate and now childish.

Anything to avoid a more efficient market.

I guess when businesses like GE, GM etc. look to cut costs you guys are standing outside their headquarters with signs that say

Weeenies! Real men pay higher costs!

#57     Dec 12, 2002
  8. I have never had the problem of paying higher costs.

Traders can earn the spread just as easy as they can pay it. Decimalization destroyed more traders than anything else. Removing the natural arbitrage of the big contract against the mini will do more damage than you can even imagine ...

#58     Dec 12, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

"In a drive to cut down costs, golfers worldwide have decided to enforce all tournament play using miniature golf courses. This would greatly reduce costs, as the size of the playing field would be 1/100 of the size, to say nothing of all the water we could save...

When asked, Tiger Woods said that professionals golfers do just fine on the current courses, and the mini-golfers, which he adoringly referred to as "weeners," can continue to play their game and leave the REAL golf to the pros.

The weeners, I mean the miniature golfers, rebuffed Tiger by noting that all he was interested in was keeping the course large so that he could have an unfair advantage and keep winning tournaments.

Well, we do not know where golf's future lies, be it with the pros or the weeners..."

Reporting to you,

nitro

#59     Dec 12, 2002
  10. Tea

Tea

Good entries, patient exits, strict discipline on stops, keep costs down, go both long and short - BUT ABOVE ALL, YOU GOTTA DO SIZE

Hmmmmm.......you sir are a walking, talking contradiction.

I suggest that you have a conversation with yourself and straighten this out :)

#60     Dec 12, 2002