Say No To Thin E-mini Spread

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by estrader, Dec 12, 2002.

1. I have read 27 pages of this thread. I must say there is a heated debate about this subject.

The characteristics of how the price pumps up and down and the speed at which the levels change might make it harder to visualize how to trade if it were moving at 0.10 with the incredible volume that the e-mini has. I might need to change my charting program to give 1-sec quote page reporting rather than dynamic. I have learned to listen to the charts and how the price pumps to guage and predict price movement. This is key to my trading style. I "scale in" my entries and exits and depend on a dynamic reporting of bid/ask. Sometimes it moves so quickly with 0.25 increments it is hard to catch the price and judge the movement. Judging the "stickiness" of the price at certain levels might be harder for me with 0.10 increments.

I like the freedom of 0.10 increments......but I vote no for now, unless I change my trading style.

Michael B.

#161     Jan 22, 2003
  2. "but the fact remains that the Nasdaq 100 ETF trading at a .01 spread producers wider ranges over very small time frames than does the Nasdaq 100 Futures contract"

I would simply say that since

you have the amex / nyse / ecn 's making various prints

in QQQ you can have those differences as opposed to ND100

which is printing one price ?

#162     Jan 22, 2003