Say it ain't so...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Mercor, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Mercor

Mercor

WASHINGTON – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday that the worst recession since the 1930s is probably over.

I feel so much better...

2. Just wait until the jobs recovery SUCKS ASS for about 5 years and see what they say...

3. I wouldn't believe Ben Bernanke if he said there was sand at the beach.

4. hayman

hayman

Pretty bold proclamation from a guy who didn't even see it coming.

5. Alvin

Alvin

I hope you are not hoping he's wrong just to be right.

It's hard to tell the difference.

6. In other words, Bernanke has waited as long as possible to make this incredulous claim, because the government shell game of "confidence" can buy, at most, one or two more months of rigged data (the Cash for Clunkers "success" is a perfect example), before they can't hide the STD warts of this economy anymore.

The U.S. has Hepatitis C, and the rest of the world is going to catch Tuberculosis.

All these claims of recovery would be so laughable if the truth in the real world weren't so tragic.

7. Alvin

Alvin

Why is it you never call the "bad" data rigged, only the good? You are a negative kind of guy aren't you?

8. All this stuff may be laughable but it doesn't change the fact that the market can only go up now.
    Its engineered that way. All this money printing and phony accounting. It maybe make believe but it is what it is.
    The only glitch in their plan IMO is the dollar. And its still not under the 2008 lows..
    If the dollar starts breaking to new lows with any kind of force, then watch out. But until then, only upside on this stock market.

9. Devin Brady

Devin Brady ET Sponsor

10. Great post :)

#10     Sep 15, 2009