Say goodbye to your smokes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 3121, Jun 22, 2009.

1. "The cap of an entertaining, wide-ranging press conference that included a spirited defense of the public health care option: A carefully-framed, detailed question from Obama on his smoking habit.

"You just think it's neat to ask me about my smoking," he told the reporter, before conceding that he has "fallen off the wagon sometimes."

"Am I a daily, a constant smoker? No," he said. "I don't do it in front of my kids. i don't do it in front of my family."

Obama said he was "95% cured" and compared himself to a recovering alcoholic.

"Once you've gone down this path, it's something you continually struggle with," he said.

It's a rare chink in the image, and a rare admission of personal weakness in a politician whose personal discipline has always been notable."
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0609/A_smoking_struggle.html

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. Coffee (caffeine) is technically a drug too. There are many household items that are labeled as "drugs". That doesn't mean they should be illegal.

#12     Jun 24, 2009
  3. DENIAL.

#13     Jun 24, 2009
  4. I like the fact that Obama admits he still sneaks a smoke now and then. Much better than the facade of yoour typical nazi ex smoker...

#14     Jun 24, 2009
  5. While it may show weakness by admitting he smokes, I think it's offset by his honesty. He could have easily stood there and told everyone he doesn't smoke; end of story. I am not necessarily an Obama supporter but I do respect him for coming clean on this issue.

#15     Jun 24, 2009
  6. dsq

dsq

sO FOR YOU AND YOUR MORONIC LOGIC YOU SHOULD LIKE BIG BUSINESS GOING OUT OF BIZ BECAUSE IT WILL DESTROY THE UNION.

aCTUALLY TOBACCO ISNT THE ADDICTIVE PART THEY SHOULD outlaw the addition of nicotine and the other 2000 chemicals and carcinogens that kill 500000 americans every year.How come people are thrown in jail for pot and not tobacco?

#16     Jun 24, 2009
  7. I wonder if Obama could be impeached for smoking on federal property?? That's breaking the law you know. LOL.

#17     Jun 24, 2009

8. what a friggin joke...

I'd respect him if he said ... "Yeah, I smoke.... I Enjoy It. It helps me think."

instead he ....

#18     Jun 24, 2009
  9. That would be like saying, "Good thing I had a gun in the house".

#19     Jun 24, 2009

10. I appreciate your point of view.

Like guns, tobacco, and all mind-altering things, it can be handled respondsibly.

CIGARETTTES ARE THE DEVIL......

but, don't let that give tobacco a bad name

#20     Jun 24, 2009