Say goodbye to Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Apr 20, 2010.

1. I am long GS so I am biased.

I believe for good reason that GS is called the smartest guys in the room. I do not believe that will change when some SEC lawyers enter the room either.

If a guy driving a white bronko can get acquitted for murder just think what the money GS has can buy in legal theories.

This more likely has to do with Finance reform and getting GS to tow the line and to make sure no one gets to loud about trying to stop it.

Simple idea really. Punch the biggest kid in the face as hard as you can so no one else will mess with you while you try to get legislation through.

#11     Apr 20, 2010
  2. GS just can't shake that black cloud. Life will go on without them. Who needs em' anyway.

#12     Apr 20, 2010
  3. kashirin

kashirin

maybe in case part of it is cancer

and to save itself it need to cut out this cancer or it might not survive the next crisis?

#13     Apr 20, 2010

4. its overpriced crap and risk outweighs reward

#14     Apr 20, 2010
  5. For the record the guy driving the white Bronco was Al Cowlings. The only thing he was guilty of was choosing his friends poorly.

My guess is that the government will be sorry they messed with GS. Goldman could put a floor under their own stock if they wanted to.

#15     Apr 20, 2010
  6. Illum

Illum

Full disclosure, I'm no where near as talented as traders who are arguing buyin GS here. Also in full disclosure, I just did my taxes and saw an awful timed UBS short last year that made me want to vomit again.

But I am seeing something different here. You have a government that is so hated, it is unlike anything I have seen. I'm not sayin the government will collapse, but the hatred is in the air. The majority is about 7 months from being tossed out on their ass. The President will be lame duck and tossed on his after doing nothing for 2 years. The people want blood from wall street. If the government wants to even operate it needs to do something. Forget about rocks being thrown, or spit. People aren't even listening to what they say. Someone has to pay, and pay quickly. These perp walks have to start tomorrow or a whole new crowd coming in and President is done with w/e plans he had. They can say "let them eat cake," and ignore the people. Or they can throw a few firms from wallstreet to lions and hear the crowds roar.

#16     Apr 20, 2010
  7. I am going to start a petition to my pension fund management to divest itself of all Goldman Sachs relations. :mad: This sort of conduct is probably normal at GS and I bet they really take advantage of big, lumbering, overregulated pension and mutual funds.

#17     Apr 21, 2010
  8. bigb

bigb

i hear alot of wishful thinking

#18     Apr 21, 2010
  9. wmb

wmb

This is gotta be the best thread so far on this subject! Honest statements disclosing they are long in spite of the negative statements to the contrary.
    On that note, I am neither long or short! I still have emotions so i cant figure out which way to go, which position, i have made money both on this gs. I just thoroughly am fed up with these types of companies and all friends and relatives have been bombarded to poverty levels from this "recession". I hold GS accountable almost singlehandely, along with Bear Stearns, Lehman, Citi, Merril lynch, Bank of America, the SEC, Aig, Countrywide, Barney Frank, Rahm Emanual, The Black Caucus, Chris DoDD, Bill Clinton and last but certaintly not least George Bush! Hold them at least accountable for this nonsense!

#19     Apr 21, 2010
  10. Fully understandable. The financial contingent you mentioned has caused the US a lot of grief. What goes around comes around.

#20     Apr 21, 2010