Say GoodBye to Countrywide

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 1flyfisher, Nov 15, 2007.

1. What did I tell you????

New 52 week lows made this AM. $12.00 so far. We sell off end of day friday this will close in the $11.00 range. The next 200 plus sell off day this crap breaks $10. I feel we will retest aug market lows. Lots of uncertainty and fear out there from subprime. Lots of financial subprime surprises to come to drag overall markets DOWN.
    WATCH OUT for short squeezes. These crap stocks pop. Sell into any strength. Musical chairs for traders. I've been doing it for months.
    Good Luck. Happy Trades.

#31     Nov 16, 2007
  2. Figures when I short it at 12.05, it tests 12 twice but fails to go under. Might be a short term bottom.

#32     Nov 16, 2007
  3. I just exited half my short position at this level. holding the rest for now

#33     Nov 16, 2007
  4. Ha ha... if this does what it does in my direction and close out my positions when I do... I am taking off for 7 months next year and travel.

Yet this is the longest and most painful yet very profitable short ever held for me.

#34     Nov 16, 2007
  5. Hmmmm....

Soros got into the picture.... this is going to be interesting....

#35     Nov 16, 2007
  6. Looks like the bad news has run dry

now may be a good time to cover all your CFC shorts

This will rebound sharply like CITI and the financials

#36     Nov 16, 2007
  7. Do you mean the bad news has run out for the day? That might be accurate. If you are saying CFC won't have any new bad news in the weeks/months to come...well I think that would be wrong.

That statement implies that you feel this is the BOTTOM for CFC. I would disagree with that analysis. Personally I never try and pick bottoms or tops....aside from just shits and giggles. This stock has alot of short interest. There will be short covering rallies and the stock will move up $1-2. Pops up and down. As a TRADER you have to play the moves up and down. IF you are implying shorts should cover and this stock is going to go on a bull run then you are quite wrong in my opinion.

I believe there will be more pressure to the downside on CFC and other mortgage lenders. As well as the builders and overall housing sector.

HAPPY TRADES!

:D

#37     Nov 16, 2007
  8. You are an ignorant dick.

#38     Nov 17, 2007

9. really. another one of these recommedations, I will have to require you to obtain licensing. What is your deal anyway? are you looking for someone to pm you and say "wanna manage my money? it looks like you have the best ideas." You are a doofus if you feel the worst is over for the financials and the markets. Wait just wait. Do you have any idea what "erosion of collateral values" means? I definitely do not suppose you do. Another question: how bad do you think these write downs are in dollars? How much has been written off lately? If you can answer these questions then you will see that all, I mean every last one of your posts, are hopeful wishful, guesses. I think a drunkard at a black jack table who is hammered can make better decisions than you. imho. p

#39     Nov 17, 2007
  10. I can't take it anymore!!! Ha ha... covered everything at $10.93...

Okay see ya all! Good luck to those who holds a position(s) in this company Long or Short.

Peace.

#40     Nov 19, 2007