Say GoodBye to Countrywide

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by 1flyfisher, Nov 15, 2007.

1. its only a matter of time before WM appraisal fraud charges spill into CFC imho. Any such news will take this to single digits.

BAC not lookin too spiff on that 2 BIL investment @ 18.

#21     Nov 15, 2007
  2. Bad move, You're Catching the falling knife.

#22     Nov 15, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

single digits very soon.

#23     Nov 15, 2007
  4. My dad (who can beat up your dad) said Countrywide is FINISHED.

#24     Nov 15, 2007
  5. awhile back, who bought a bill worth of converts (18 a share) ???

#25     Nov 15, 2007
  6. Bank of America

#26     Nov 16, 2007
  7. Go find Bill Millers comments from last week - he said CFC will be 40$ again.

#27     Nov 16, 2007
  8. as i have said on my own countrywide posts this stock is history.

im staying short until someone from the company has the balls to buy the stock.

to date this has not happened.

enough said.

#28     Nov 16, 2007
  9. Yeah maybe in 2-3-4 years from now. In the mean time it is headed south(along with the rest of the sector...HELLO!) and then will be dead money for months.
    Value dummies just love to jump in and catch the falling knife and watch their shares continue to drop in value and then wallow away. There is the time value of money to consider and alternative profitable trades. Like going short CFC and other stocks in the sector for now. Then Let things wash out and a bottom to form and the sector to reverse when the housing sector improves. Then go long for position trades. That will be months from now. Now is not that time to be buying housing stocks. It can't be more clear than that. But value dummies tend to be highly myopic.

#29     Nov 16, 2007
  10. Bill doesn't know how to ride the dragon

#30     Nov 16, 2007