Say goodbye to Berkshire Hathaway

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Jan 27, 2009.

1. AJ21

AJ21

Berkshire goes to $1000.

#41     Mar 8, 2009
  2. #42     Mar 8, 2009
  3. Do you see the irony of posting that about the #1 person on the Forbes 2008 list of the world's billionaires from the basement in your parents' house?

#43     Mar 8, 2009
  4. If this bear market is as bad as the one from 1929 -- 1932 maybe the B shares will go to 1000 but the A shares NFW.

#44     Mar 8, 2009
  5. It doesnt matter what the blogger has to say. Berkshire is going down and will make lower lows into the year.

When October rolls around, do you think Berkshire will be higher or lower? I think the odds of it being lower are very great. Look out below!

#45     Mar 8, 2009
  6. If you didn't think it mattered, why did you use this incorrect information to support your "case?"

It seems you cannot be bothered to do the slightest bit of investigation into the facts, but wish and hope you can talk something down.

But on the topic of it not mattering what people think, if you are liquid, solvent, have a positive cash flow and a positive net worth, you don't have to care what the market thinks of you, because you don't need anyone else's funds or anyone else's good opinion. That is why Warren Buffett doesn't have to care what you think. If the stock heads south as you say it will, he will be buying up the shares. This business is self-sustaining.

#46     Mar 8, 2009
  7. dbell66

dbell66

well put Greg!

99.9% of posters on this site are idiots and timewasters. Greg Richards seems to be one of the .1% that post anything of sense.

#47     Mar 8, 2009
  8. dbell66

dbell66

I sure hope you are right cos i'd love to buy this company at bargain basement prices.

#48     Mar 8, 2009
  9. I wish I could take the credit, but a week ago I would not have been able to make my previous post.

I lifted that last paragraph from Tavakoli's book: "Dear Mr. Buffett" p. 156. She explained it on Bloomberg Television the week Bear Stearns collapsed. http://www.amazon.com/Dear-Mr-Buffe...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236543488&sr=8-1

The actual quote: "If you are liquid, solvent, have a positive cash flow and you have no leverage--you do not have to borrow money--and it does not matter what the market thinks about you."

#49     Mar 8, 2009
  10. Several support points for BRK.A. The next two are:

:confused:

#50     Mar 8, 2009