Saxobank

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Nym, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Nym

Nym

I do not live in US so I have the possibility to chose them freely. But as for you: open a legal entity in another country (UK for example) should not be a problem.

Still, the offer that they made me was too match in their favor.

#11     Apr 3, 2013
  2. luisHK

luisHK

A couple of comments on Investors Europe and Saxo :

Investors Europe seem to be willing to discuss rates, and use several platforms - the cheaper is TWS, where they charge an extra fee on top of IB (I guess also one has 2 counterparty risk, with IB and IE), they have also have other platforms with more markets than IB offers, but rates I got after quite a bit of haggling were not attractive, quite a bit higher than their TWS offer. Also who has actually experience with them ? There is hardly any comment abt their services on the net. Once one of their rep showed up on this forum and disappeared as fast as he came before answering any question.

As of Saxo, I'm not sure what they offer to institutions, but on their european websites , they offer a platinum account with a 500keuros minimum where one might get more competitive rates without the need for larger volume. I went to see them in HK and Saxo HK doesn't have the platinum account, same conditions for customers opening a account with 10k or 1mil. It gets less expensive with a significant volume. Horrendous commissions and margin rates.

#12     Apr 5, 2013
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Do you mean Saxo owns Investors Europe ? Where did you get that info ?

#13     Apr 5, 2013
  4. Not at all and I did not say that.

White label means Investors Europe's platform is a "white label" of Saxobank's platform (including product offerings). Same product but different product name and offeror.

There are quite a few banks around the world that also white-label Saxo's platform and products under their own names.

#14     Apr 5, 2013
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Ok, thanks for the clarification, they also offer TWS if you ask. I still wonder how reliable is this company, last time I checked I couldn't find any review abt them.

#15     Apr 5, 2013

6. They seem ok to me but they basically I am looking for any way to get the Saxo platform (which is the richest in markets and instruments I have ever seen) at a decent commission scale for use my me as a secondary broker, so that I can trade obscure instruments and countries. I spent some time looking and Investors Europe was the only one I could find. There may be others......

Thanks for the research.....

#16     Apr 5, 2013