Saxo Bank

Discussion in 'Options' started by cloned777777, Aug 19, 2005.

1. lol

u dont know eh ..

thanx for the effort..

any ideas tho ?

#31     Aug 19, 2005
  2. nope, no, nada. not a clue.....:D

good luck...

#32     Aug 19, 2005
  3. turnes out the price there is not same as spot.....price there is about 30 pips away from spot

#33     Aug 22, 2005
  4. Stay the h*** away from Saxo bank, it´s a bucket shop of the worst kind. Originally called "Midas"
    Damn good at marketing though. They alway seek new dealers which in their termonology means telephone people doing cold canvas.

#34     Oct 8, 2005
  5. Use the dealer chat.

#35     Oct 13, 2005
  6. I have been using Saxo Bank for 3 years, and never had any problems. It's not a bucket shop. Very fine service.

#36     Oct 13, 2005
  7. As i recall there was another thread, in where a user had found out that you had 4 different nicks on another forum. So what you write about saxo, only lead me to believe that you are affiliated with Saxo in some capacity or other.

Cheers,

#37     Oct 13, 2005
  8. No, there's only one Wittgenstein. I am not affiliated with Saxo - I am only a customer. As I said, they have a very fine service, but they are not cheap. Their future commissions are too high, and their forex spreads too big. But you also get a lot of free things. I like they have 4 free newswires, including Dow Jones.

#38     Oct 14, 2005
  9. Xenia

Xenia

Spread for EUR/USD is 2 pips since Dec 01, 2006. Why can´t they offer 2 pip spread also for USD/JPY ?

#39     Dec 29, 2006
  10. Finally, i find an explainatin about what i am experisnicine in my saxo demo account...

I use the folloiwng strategy to see if i can capture rollover interset, risk free (well, close to it)...

I buy 20 contracts of say the NZD/JPY
    then, I sell 20 call contracts against position using the same strike price as I
    paid for the spot position...I use the premium gained from the sale of the calls and buy 20 put contracts again using the soot strike price...

result? no matter what happens to the underlying my margin positino is essentially untouched...the underlying ca drop 500 pips and nothing will hppen...

what i did notice is when the spot price
    felll the put option price offered would be less than the intrinic value so it wouldn't make sense to close it out...i just wait until expiry and get paid the proepr spread between my contract pr4ice and the spot as of 10:00 am. new rok time...

my purpose in doinng this is to capture the rollover interest but the demo version of saxo trDer doesn't seem to show what you receive on rollover interst..

any comments or questions are welcome

#40     Jan 6, 2008