SAXO Bank 2009 Predictions

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by PAPA ROACH, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, that is not even a coinflip rate... Also, the trick is to decide which one will come true...

SPX will bottom at 600....

#11     Dec 30, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Yet... if you could be right on "4 out of 10 trades", you could make $MILLIONS...

Quite a conundrum...

#12     Dec 30, 2008
  3. Sorry , I didnt mean to startle you. There was a rumour a few weeks ago when they laid off half their work force but as far as I know they are fine.

#13     Dec 30, 2008
  4. They're a private company so it's very hard to scrutinize their numbers, and they're known for propagandizing and manipulating what's said about them in the public domain.

I wondered if they might have some exposure to Madoff, via their fairly dubious "private wealth management" segment. They suspended their global head of trading pending a large-scale insider trading scandal.

Plenty of red flags there. I just wondered if there was some substantial rumor out there.

#14     Dec 30, 2008
  5. Somewhere in European; maybe a French bank, this is a rumor.
    Plenty banks went bust in East European block. Just look at their currencies.

#15     Dec 30, 2008
  6. Currency volatility is usually a positive for Saxo Bank, because they rack up the commissions that way. They have diversified away from that trading model in recent years (into PWM, which led me to question possible Madoff exposure), and there is no shortage of shady characters under their awning.

#16     Dec 30, 2008