Saving An Entire Thread Rather Than Printing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jonnyy40, Aug 26, 2005.

1. You can also change the settings (edit options) in your 'Account' to show up to 40 posts on 1 page. This would then be your default posts/page for all threads.

Perhaps Baron could increase the number to more than 40.

#11     Aug 26, 2005
  2. Simple - just click on Print at the upper right of a thread page.

It's just that with 1800 posts & charts, 300 pages and counting, as on certain ET threads ;-),
    it may take a moment or so to fully open on some older or otherwise encumbered computers...

Some 2400-post stuff kinda puddles... :D

#12     Aug 26, 2005
  3. Like I said, using the link just above the first post on the thread on the top right (not where the Search function is but beneath it) will give you the entire thread ready to print out or save. Here's an example of this current thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printthread.php?threadid=54411

Now you can just save it as HTML file for later review or print it all out at once from this link.

Does that make sense?

#13     Aug 26, 2005
  4. That doesn't work. 40 posts per page is still the displayed limit on ET.

I agree that manually editing the URL is still a useful trick to know (and not just on this website). For instance, if a poster links to another thread, with 5 posts per page, you can edit the URL from 5 to 40.

I've used FuturesTrader71's method (the Print button at top right) from time to time, and it would seem to be the optimal one to save an entire thread.

#14     Aug 26, 2005
  5. FuturesTrader71's tip works fine (I should have made my last post clearer)

#15     Aug 26, 2005
  6. Doesn't seem to work on the one thread I'm trying to save . . . the jokes thread :D

#16     Aug 26, 2005
  7. Baron, as have been brought up in past requests, as one recalls,
    it would be a huge benefit to your thousands of daily Elite Trader readers and posters
    (and no small undertaking on your part, to be sure)
    if you provided a small box in each post that could be checked if one wanted to save or print that post
    or a selected series of posts in any given thread which would enable one to save or print
    only those instructional or meaningful posts in that thread.

Likewise, to enable saving or printing a string of different thread posts made by a selected ET member,
    one could check a box adjacent to any post labeled on the ET Post Results page for that particular member
    - even if only the check-modified Post Results page itself could be saved
    - although, of course, a full-blown string of all checked posts themselves for saving or printing would be ideal.

Also, you could tag each post with a small ET ghost icon to identify it as originating from elitetrader.com
    - as tv/cable networks do.

C'mon, what do you say, Baron? You can do it!

#17     Aug 26, 2005
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you want to just print a specific post, just highlight the post with your cursor and go File>Print and click on the "selection" button, which indicates you only want to print the part of the page that you hightlighted.

#18     Aug 26, 2005
  9. True, but the ET faithful are clamoring for additional empowerment
    to partake in and spread the Elite Trader Word more than just
    one post at a time.

As you well know, there are quite a few quality posters
    in many threads in each of the nearly thirty ET Forums
    (Chit Chat Purgatory excluded :wtf:, of course).

The best of these posts and threads deserves to be customized
    into powerful ETbook pages and chapters by serious newbies
    and seasoned traders alike to maximize their disciplined endeavors
    into even more profitable production with your soon-to-be-added
    Enhancements for Elite Traders.

So, what do you say, my good man?

#19     Aug 26, 2005
  10. And what about printing/sorting in only one long page all the results of a search for all the posts/thread of an ET member?

#20     Aug 26, 2005