Saving An Entire Thread Rather Than Printing

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jonnyy40, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Is it possible to arrange something so that I can download an entire thread rather than printing it?

2. If I remember correctly the dialog box for printing (Windows) has a "print to file" choice.

But it would be a nice idea to have icons for "print this post" or "print this thread" in Elite Trader.

Michael B.

3. Thanks mate,I'm pc illiterate so how do I do that?

4. Click print...then read every word and button in your dialog box that appears.

let me look

click print from the menu.....Don't use your quick print icon button, instead use, file/print....look for the check box "print to file" in the dialogue box that should pop up.

If you need help with how to save it, then ask and we can move on to the next step.

Hope this helps, but I have discovered recently that I confuse people more than to help them. So I have taken a few steps back to examine my writing skills again. So don't feel bad, its me, I am a bad teacher of the simplest things.

Michael B.

P.S. Also your version of Windows might be different than mine.

5. Why don't you hit the Print icon here at the top right of the thread and then just go to File - Save As and save it?

This would seem simplest to get the whole thread without paging through. The downside to this is that you won't get any links in the thread when saved.

Good luck.

6. I'll have to get a computer book.(doh)Thanks for your patience

7. I've got a question for you. Is there a way to save a multi-page thread quickly without having to print to file/save each page?

Even with the maximum number of posts per page set, a large thread can still span tens of pages.

Many thanks

8. A few years ago someone posted how to get a whole thread showing on just one page. It is possible. Unfortunately I can't find the post. Perhaps someone with a better memory, or an idea of how this software works can help.

9. macal-

I remember that now. Something about changing the url to reflect number of pages=4000 or so.

appreciate it.

10. Holmes

Holmes

in the url change the following numbers:
    &perpage=40000&pagenumber=1

perpage is number of posts
    and you want to start at page 1

#10     Aug 26, 2005