Save $500 on Dell T5820 Workstation... Warranty!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Scataphagos, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Dell T5820 for sale. Perfect condition. 1-year old. Balance of Dell Warranty until 12/29/2021.

Features:

Drives and PSU are “rack mounts”… just pull them out and replace. No need to open the case.
    950W PSU
    16 GB memory
    1x 500GB HDD
    1x 250 GB SSD
    1x Nvidia Quadro P1000 video card… to run 4-monitors @ UHD resolution… Includes 4x mini-DP connectors.

5x PCIE slots… all are x16. Not all “wired for 16 lanes” of course, but with the 16-lane connector, any PCIE device will fit into and run from any PCIE slot on the mobo. (All computers should have had this years ago.)

8x USB 3.1 ports + 2 USB Type-C (Thunderbolt)

Configured exactly as priced by Dell for new.

Sale price… $1,000.

This is a great machine, so why would I want to sell it?

The prior generation of workstations offered a choice in “SATA Operation” between SATA AHCI and UEFI…. the new “standard”. (I’d chosen AHCI for my other computers as it’s easier to maintain a group of them with AHCI than UEFI. All(?) new W10 computers today are UEFI… no choice.)

That’s it. If it weren’t for UEFI and my other computers, I’d be keeping this.

PM me if interested.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

I bid $229 as I head they were cheap.

3. Not these!

This one is f-a-n-c-y. Cutting edge... a premium-class machine!

:)

4. destriero

destriero

Ship to Trenton?

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  5. LOL !! I don't know how much Dell (over) charge for those POC, but I bet I can build a ryzen system which will smoke the one listed.And I can do it for 500 and save 1000 : ) !!!!!

6. Trader13

Trader13

Not clear on your issue with the type of firmware? You aren't using RAID or a large HDD.

destriero likes this.
  7. With ECC memory, I don't think so. It all depends how the machine will be used.

8. I use Lenovo ThinkStations with Xeons and ECC memory to run a automated strategy 24X7
    I have two ISP and a fail-over router from Peplink. And don't forget your APC back up UPS.

Cheers..
    Happy New Year

9. ZBZB

ZBZB

Amd Ryzen support ECC ram and 16gb is $149.

10. My point is that today one can build a very capable machine (for gaming or video editing) around 500 bucks assuming you have some spare parts like case monitors etc.

Now let me go to a second point here which is probably the most important.

You don't need an expensive machine to trade. If you think that more monitors or a faster cpu will make you trade better you are fooling yourself? It sounds obvious but a lot of people really believe that tools and trading goes hand and hand. In the trading world it does not work this way.

#10     Dec 30, 2019
    bloomberg1 likes this.