Saudi's bought $3.5 BILLION worth of Gold in LAST 2 WEEKS

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by thriftybob, Nov 13, 2008.

1. thedewar

thedewar

Black markets! for all of our detestable habits :D
    Then an eventual division of society into a true upper vs. marginalized class system.

Eventual revolt by the proletariat and instigation of communism
    Reign of the antichrist for 10 years
    Peace in the middle east
    ....... yeah i really have no idea what the hell the world's coming to

but it should be fun :D

#71     Nov 15, 2008
  2. What is the common view of activist investors?

What do they find the best solutions in the long run?

I am sure some of you have been here for a while, do you sense a trend in feeling?

I am more into geopolitical issues, US selling very strategic weapons in exchange for capital for basic infrastructure (to china & gulf states...not too good for russia..some issues are not resolved yet).

#72     Nov 15, 2008
  3. Clear symbiosis between US and China, meant to oppose russia. India meant to hold china in check and separate middle east resources from china not allowing them to bypass russia. End of oil economy means irrelevance of the gulf states, so selling them all the arms in the world makes no difference. Much important technology withheld from china, but they are doing their damnest to catch up.

Not sure why we squandered opportunities to rebuild US infrastructure over last 20 years. Does war eliminate need to book charges for demolition?

#73     Nov 15, 2008

4. No selling them weapons in exchange for soft loans for public infrastructure investment

Libertarian philosophy and washington consensus told everyone, each should solve its own needs and public money was sure to be misspend.

The corporate world did not take these responsabilities for an affordable rate, because they could get much better terms elsewhere, it made private-public management of public services prone to cheap services.

It made the little guy too cynical to believe there would be any great deal to change the trend, so they voted for people who would be good lobbyist but not imaginative and faithfull things could change.

Now the perspective of hell, makes everyone able to understand there is only two option: cynism so hell or pragmatism so slow improvement.

(i may have misunderstood your comment...:p)

#74     Nov 15, 2008
  5. jprad

jprad

Do you really think the US exports offensive weapons that it can't defend itself against or strategic weapons with the same capabilities, avionics and software systems as those that are in use by it's military?

We learned a nasty lesson with the collapse of Iran, which compromised the avionics and weapons platform of the F-14.

Yeah, the F-35 is a joint program with several countries, but the most important bits are simply not shared.

#75     Nov 16, 2008