Saudi's bought $3.5 BILLION worth of Gold in LAST 2 WEEKS

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by thriftybob, Nov 13, 2008.

1. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Understand it.

What do YOU think they're going to do? Explain how it plays out.

#41     Nov 13, 2008
  2. Mecro

Mecro

Devalue the dollar, which should be obvious. Maybe they will have dinner & drinks first, maybe after. Possibly smoke some cigars also.

#42     Nov 13, 2008
  3. Gee, why didn't my dumbass think of that? Groundbreaking stuff there. If only I could understand it all.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144565

#43     Nov 13, 2008
  4. jesus this guy is smarter than him, that guy doesn't have a diploma, he says we are going the way of the amero, that guy is saying we need to inflate all currencies at the same time, the other guy says thats not possible because of debt holding, the guy over there is stockpiling food and according to the other person building a cave, a few are preparing for a armagedon, something about gold and arabs buying it? oh and bretton woods system or something. lol pretty funny thread

#44     Nov 13, 2008
  5. Nutritious non-genetic modified food! Get it right my Tizzle.

#45     Nov 13, 2008

6. haha I'll be more careful next time! :p

#46     Nov 13, 2008
  7. they are going to get burned big time!

surf

#47     Nov 13, 2008
  8. Mecro

Mecro

Actually, I failed out of kindergarden, even after 10 consecutive tries. Get your facts straight.

#48     Nov 13, 2008
  9. I would guess its our hedge funds that were doing the selling/deleveraging as the rest of the world bought on the cheap, trading us back our paper for metal.

Dubai also had dramatically increased gold purchases recently.

Looks like they managed to pick the bottom, too. I think within a year we'll wish we had the gold instead of the paper promises.

I'll bet COT commercials were net long again this week. That will be 3 weeks in a row if they were. We'll find out late tomorrow.

#49     Nov 13, 2008
  10. Basically, your posts net out to "DUHHHHHH"

#50     Nov 13, 2008