Saudi Prince, China bank to invest in Citigroup: report

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Here is a RED PILL for ya,

"Merrill Lynch, the third largest U.S. securities firm, is expected to write down $15 billion in the fourth quarter, nearly twice as much as previously announced. Analysts had recently been expecting a $12 billion loss for the same period. Citigroup may face another $14 billion of losses, according to J.P. Morgan Chase and Bank of America may announce $5 billion of write-downs in collateralized debt obligations."

One of many RED PILLS.

After this is all over the American People will need a Blue Pill, not for sex but for sedation.

HEY HO LETS GO!

#11     Jan 12, 2008

2. Why is everyone so convinced none of these stocks will ever go up again? If it was that obvious the stocks would have been at $5 already. The sentiment is actually a bullish indicator if anything.

BAC buying CFC -why so bad? When the housing market picks up again that investment will probably be up hundreds of percent (they have a time frame longer than 24 hours), plus there is also an intangible value. And since NOBODY can pick a bottom, how can anyone be so certain this is bad? (Don't forget about massive tax write-offs in the mean time)

#12     Jan 13, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I don't know what will happen with C a year out or two years out etc, but I will say the chart looks like crap, in fact its looking like a company that's heading for bankruptcy. If the financial crisis gets worse, that could well happen to a few big players.

Brandon

#13     Jan 13, 2008
  4. I am sure you are able to underscore your observation with some hard facts. I mean the kind of hard facts I call "numbers crunching"...:)

#14     Jan 13, 2008