Saudi Columnist: 'The Right of Return Is an Illusion'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Yeah but Zionists are people who believe in Israel's right to exist. And you have not done the "natural thing" and have not made peace with Israel either. Instead you and your ilk keep coming up with absurd, unrealistic and delusional demands like the right of return which is one of the biggest obstacle to peace. But this article gives a glimmer of hope that your time has passed and that even Saudis/Kuwaitis are on to you.

#11     Apr 12, 2007
  2. Congressional Research Service ˜ The Library of Congress CRS Report for Congress :
    Palestains are the largest per capita recipients of foreign aid (CFR)
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/pol/303987204.html

The International Monetary Fund and the United Nations say the Palestinians received $1.2 billion in aid and budgetary support in 2006... compared with $1 billion in 2005.

In 2007, the United Nations began a humanitarian appeal for the Palestinians of more than $450 million, twice the 2006 appeal, the third largest United Nations request, after Sudan and Congo, ahead of 18 other disasters.

“These numbers are quite stunning,” said Alexander Costy, head of coordination for Álvaro de Soto, the United Nations special Middle East envoy, “given the relatively small size of the population of the Palestinian territory.”

He added: “What we do know for sure is that Palestinians, and their economy and society, are becoming increasingly dependent on humanitarian handouts, and this dependency is growing fast. For a state in the making, I think this was a step backwards in 2006 and a cause for alarm.”

But Salam Fayyad, the finance minister in the new Palestinian unity government, thinks the Palestinians received at least 250 percent more than that in direct support when cash from Iran and Arab nations is counted, as well as the amount smuggled in by Hamas officials after trips abroad.

#12     Apr 12, 2007
  3. That bullshit should be directed toward someone who has no clue of what Zionism is. This ideology that penetrated the Jewish faith and came to my land and killed my people en mass, cleared 450 towns and villages off the face of the earth and committed 10s of massacres against my people. I thought that we were the only ones to suffer the brunt of this fascist ideology only to find out (from other Jews) that they were victims of the same filthy predatory ideology. I belive that I have given plenty of examples which you elected to ignore.

The state of Israel, more specifically, the Jewish people of the state of israel are led by Jabotinsky zionists who give as much damn about Colored Jews as they give about Palestinians.

A peace deal with a state led by these criminals is a waste of time. No agreement will be held, they will always work something behind the seen to expand, steal and force us to extreme measures to justify further theft and expansion.

#13     Apr 12, 2007
  4. What a load of crap!

This is the difference in between what you get and what we get.

Financial Aid

The Israeli government is the largest recipient of US financial aid in the world, receiving over one-third of total US aid to foreign countries4, even though Israel’s population comprises just .001% of the world’s population and has one the world’s higher per capita incomes.

Since 1949 the US has given Israel a total of $84,854,827,200. The interest costs born by US taxpayers on behalf of Israel are $49,937,000,000 – making the total amount of aid given to Israel since 1949 $134,791,507,200 (more than $134 billion).5

The total cost of this financial aid to US tax payers per Israeli is $23,240.

Since 1992, the US has offered Israel an additional $2 billion in loan guarantees every year.6

Nearly all past loans to Israel have been forgiven – leading Israel to claim that they have never defaulted on repayment of a US loan – with most loans made on the understanding that they would be forgiven before Israel was required to repay them.

In 1997 alone, the total of US grants and loan guarantees to Israel was $5.5 billion, i.e., $15,068,493 per day.

Military Aid

The United States provides direct and indirect military aid to Israel – totalling more than it gives to all the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean put together, whose combined total population is 1,054,000,000.

According to a US Department of Defence Joint Report to Congress in March 2001, “It is in the United States’ national interest to promote the existence of a stable, democratic and militarily strong Israel, at peace with its neighbours […]”.7 According to a US State Department statement in November 2002, the US government is committed to “maintaining and enhancing Israel’s security and qualitative edge over any combination of adversaries” and “the important advantages the US-Israeli strategic relationship has and will continue to provide us.”8

Foreign Military Financing (FMF) is grants to foreign governments financing the purchase of American-made weapons, services and training. Israel receives 50% of the FMF budget request. The large sums paid by the US to Egypt and Jordan are in recognition of the two countries signing peace accords with Israel in 1979 and 1994 respectively.

FMF Budget Request FY 2001: Total budget request: $3.54 billion
    Budget request for Israel: $1.98 billion
    Budget request for Egypt: $1.3 billion
    Budget request for Jordan $75 million

The Economic Support Fund (ESF) promotes economic and political stability in areas strategically important to the US. It is not intended for military usage, but allows the recipient government to free up other money, therefore providing indirect military aid. Israel receives the largest single grant of the Near East budget, which alone is 79% of the total ESF request.

ESF Budget Request, FY 2001:
    Total budget request:
    $2.313 billion

Budget request for Near East:
    $1.828 billion, including:

Israel
    $840 million

Egypt
    $150 million

WB/GS
    $100 million

Furthermore:

18 of the 92 pending arms sales transfers in the year 2000 were to Israel;

Israel has the world’s largest fleet of F-16s outside the US, currently possessing 200 jets -- with a further 102 on order with American manufacturer Lockheed Martin;

In June 2001 Israel again requested $800 million in supplementary US aid. This was originally pledged to cover the cost of the Israeli withdrawal from south Lebanon – in other words, Israel was being paid for complying with international law. As Israel re-requests this package, administration officials have considered linking it to the implementation of the Mitchell Report, again effectively paying Israel to comply with international standards;9

Charitable Aid

Private donations to American charities initially constituted one quarter of Israel’s budget. Today, it is estimated that these tax-deductible donations exceed $1.5 billion per year. The ability of Americans to make what amounts to tax deductible contributions to a foreign government does not exist for any other country.

US aid to Israel: A violation of US law

US law prohibits the President from providing military aid to any country that “engages in a consistent pattern of gross violations of internationally recognised human rights”.10 Under the 1967 US Arms Export Control Act, it is illegal to use US weapons to carry out extra-judicial killings. This act stipulates that weapons be sold to “friendly countries solely for internal security and legitimate defence.”

Since September 2000, the Israeli army has used attack helicopters, tanks and F-16 missiles to target Palestinian civilians, homes, forces, buildings and in demonstrations. In its Human Rights Report, the US State Department declared that Israeli army actions were an “excessive use of force”, noting that the Israeli forces used live ammunition, even when they were not in imminent danger, and that the Israeli military “shelled PA institutions and Palestinian civilian areas in response to individual Palestinian attacks on Israeli civilians or settlers”.

The Israeli government’s policies in the occupied Palestinian territories have been condemned by human rights organisations worldwide. The Israeli army’s “excessive use of force” towards Palestinian civilians and its policy of “state assassinations” violate international human rights law. In supplying military aid to such a state, the US is violating its own laws.

1 CIA World Factbook, July 2001
    2 Zunes, Stephen, “The Strategic Function of US Aid to Israel” (Washington Report on the Middle East December 2002)
    3 ibid.
    4 Washington Report on the Middle East December 2002
    5 Ibid, as of 1 November 1997.
    6 Ibid.
    7 Foreign Military Training and DOD engagements, Activities of Interest, vol. 1, (fiscal year 1999-2000), Joint Report to Congress, March 1, 2001. Full text available through Federation of American Scientists’ website
    8 “US promises Israel $2.16 billion military aid 2004,” Reuters, 21 November 2002
    9 The Jerusalem Post, 28/6/01
    10 22 USC 2304(a)

#14     Apr 12, 2007
  5. That bullshit should be directed toward someone who has no clue of what Zionism is.
    Zionism: an international movement originally for the establishment of a Jewish national or religious community in Palestine and later for the support of modern Israel
    http://www.webster.com/dictionary/zionism

This ideology that penetrated the Jewish faith and came to my land and killed my people en mass
    1929 Palestine riots
    In the summer of 1929...During the week of riots, 133 Jews were killed and 339 wounded (mostly by Arabs); 116 Arabs were killed and 232 wounded (mostly by British-commanded police and soldiers).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Palestine_riots

#15     Apr 12, 2007
  6. Aid to Palestinians Exceeds Marshall Plan Aid to Europe

The Marshall Plan distributed $60 billion (at today’s prices), which worked out to $272 per European in the main participating countries. By contrast, by the end of last year, according to the World Bank, the Palestinians had received $4 billion since Oslo, which translates into $1,330 per Palestinian.

The PA reported that in the first 18 months of the intifada, Arab countries provided $677 million in aid. Donor funding was “only” $482 million in 1999 before the violence began; it ballooned to $929 million in 2001. That is an extra $447 million, or $149 extra per Palestinian.

It is instructive to compare Palestinian incomes to those of other Arabs. In 2000, WBG income per person was $1,660. That was higher than in such middle-income Arab countries as Algeria ($1,580) or Egypt ($1,490).
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Peace/palaid.html

#16     Apr 12, 2007
  7. The years 1930-1935 were marked by activities of the Black Hand Islamist militant organization led by Izz ad-Din al-Qassam who was killed by the British in 1935.

In 1936-1939, the Arabs - led by the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin Al-Husseini - launched the Great Arab Revolt, a campaign of violent riots and attack on Jews - which lead to hundreds of casualties and ended after the British officers deported Husseini and hanged many rioters. While mainstream Zionism, represented by Vaad Leumi and the Haganah, practiced the policy of Havlagah (restraint), Irgun chose to retaliate, furthering chaos in the region.

In 1944, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Amin al-Husayni, the senior Islamic religious authority of the Palestinian Arabs and close ally of Adolf Hitler, sponsored an unsuccessful chemical warfare assault on the Jewish community in Palestine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_in_the_Israeli-Palestinian_conflict

#17     Apr 12, 2007
  8. I have checked the link in regard to the article about aid to the Palestinians. I have to say, I have never seen you that desperate my Zionist friends!
    My 7 yrs old son would've articulated (cooked) a better piece than the one you listed.

apparently, the Zionist who wrote it was in so much hurry, the poor children killer did not have a chance to correct the grammatical and spilling mistakes infesting the whole so called article.

But you know what, I have decide to bite! How about that dddooo. I will even go further by not exposing the figure as a total sham.

You see dddoool, when you impose a total siege on a total population for 7 years. When you systematically destroy the economical infrastructure, when you laugh your heart content at the crying Palestinian farmers who watch your bulldozers uproot 4000 years old olive trees. when every neighborhood has its own check point and road blocks, when workers cannot go to their factories, teachers and students to their schools and farmers to their land, when you laugh your heart content at the site of tens of trucks full of Palestinian produce spoiling at your sealed borders and other atrocities committed courtesy of you Zionist, you tend to have a society unable tyo support itself.

Before the catastrophe of your arrival at our shores, my people were the most vibrant in the whole Middle East.

One has to wonder, that the Palestinian refugees who left their homeland penniless are the ones who built the Persian Gulf.

One has to wonder that the Palestinians living in Refugee camps in neighboring states have turned these refugee camps into vibrant cities.

So let us wonder dddooo the zionist, how come the Palestinians under your occupation are unable to support themselves.

I have seen so many small ventures in the West bank visited by your soldiers and completely gutted because that Palestinian who dared to think out of the box and who lives on his land, failed to get a license for his venture...something that the zionist will not grant anyway.

On the other hand, you have no sealed borders, you have no weeks at the time curfew, you have no Palestinians coming to your farm like packs of hyena and uprooting every tree in your small lot, trees that you've worked for years to grow as your own children, you have no teachers and students, workers, doctors and others blocked, and in some cases arrested for daring to demand to live in dignity.

You have none of that yet you empty the American people out of hundreds of billions of dollars a year. But that is not enough to satisfy your expansions zionist ideology, you also, demand loans that you know in advance that they will never be collected along with additional military aid and technology SO THAT YOU COULD SELL IT TO THE CHINESE BEHIND THE AMERICAN"S BACK

#18     Apr 12, 2007
    #19     Apr 12, 2007
  10. Desperate I tell you!

Let me ask you one small question dddooo, what is the difference in purchasing power between the marshal plan time and today?

Oh and by the way, say hi to the Jewish virtual library web site you used as a reference for your new lie. Palestinians from Nablus I assume?

#20     Apr 12, 2007