Sattelite connection's??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niner, Sep 2, 2001.

1. Nic.,
    Yes, those huge downloads that would have taken an hour or two using a phone line are what makes Starband shine. Getting speeds of 500-700 kbs is great and as long as a prospective Starbander/trader knows about SB's weaknesses then I would recommend it. BUt to use it for order entry, it plainly sucks.

Out here in the country (boonies) Starband is the only broadband alternative we've got and there are times I'm thankful to have it. I also let the 30 day "give me my money back" period go by so I wasn't all *that* unhappy, I guess. :p

BTW, have you noticed that Starband (the company) is putting on a kinder, more customer service oriented face? The whole bruhaha over the 360 "upgrade" may have had at least one good side.

Good trading, and best regards,
    Jim

#21     Sep 18, 2001
  2. you(S) guys saved me a lot of delusion with the notion that if I just get Starband 2way Sat/Internet, things will go better......

POTS has worked, continues to work, and will work even during diasters, heavy snow/rain/wind storms and the like.

anyone have an address for this multilink service?

#22     Sep 18, 2001
  3. This can get tricky because many ISP's do not offer it. I found one here in Michigan and found him thru a web search that took me to ZD net...they have some articles about it and a couple of urls that point you to ISPs...that offer it.

What I found was that most ISP's don't even know what it is! Even the biggies like Earthlink don't have a clue in spite of there being a web page at their site that describesit. (It may not be there anynore...I saw it about 9 months ago.)

Start with a web search using: "Multilink ISP" that should get you some hits. ALso, you need to be running WIN2000, WIN98 and perhaps WIN95...not sure about that.

Market opens in 25 min and I just can't do justice to your questions....too much info., not enough time. Email me if you need more...
    Best regards,
    Jim

#23     Sep 18, 2001