Satellites for $250 per week: great investment!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Citation?

Is that like Trump being worth $8 billion?

He only lasted a year at Vegasoul. Returns and dAUM were negative.

#11     Dec 20, 2012
  2. He "built a 500 million dollar trading business on Wall Street and left it to" sell swamp land in Florida.. I mean galactic space.....

Kinda sounds like a pitch out of boiler room. But, this guy is way smarter..

No offense.. Who's using the satellites? How are they getting revenue? I could see a need for this.. but maybe it's ahead of it's time still? This company could die and rebuild many times before it takes off?

#12     Dec 20, 2012
  3. Huh? Why are you misquoting me? I said "this works, he's a "

If nanosat works, he's a billionaire. Not, "he's a billionaire "

surf

#13     Dec 20, 2012
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Except you missed the conditional IF. That makes all the difference. The way you said it, meant that it must work because he is already a billionaire, an evidence of his smartness.

Your friendly non-native English teacher... :)

And by the way there are lots of smart but one trick ponies out there. Just because they got lucky once doesn't mean all their future ideas are good. Actually, with this guy there are 3 counter examples already....

#14     Dec 20, 2012
  5. :D

Your right! Nice catch-- IF wasn't used.

I don't disagree with you but IF Nanosat works the upside is huge.

#15     Dec 20, 2012
  6. Dosn't make sense to me, show me a stable income stream first.

#16     Dec 29, 2012
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think this is an excellent idea for a Ponzi! Let's look at it:

--There is a new promising technology.
    --There are investors, whom are promised a nice return.
    --There is a new, exciting business idea, although it is not clear how it would work out.
    --The costumers/income is hard to check out
    --(The satellite itself might not even exist.)

Nevertheless the early investors could get their returns from the late comers. And of course when the song stops, the "owner" of the satellite disappears...

Splendid!!!

#17     Dec 29, 2012
  8. heech

heech

What's the deal with Vegasoul? It captured my attention 2-3 years ago for having amazing performance + low drawdowns, but they rebuffed my interest with a blanket "we don't accept US persons".

And then I noticed, as you said, their returns have been poor recently. How were they making their money before, and what changed? Was it ever legit?

#18     Dec 30, 2012
  9. you missed one:

-- it's being pitched on an internet chat board

#19     Dec 30, 2012

10. Its 2013 ( almost!)-- many investments are pitched on a chat board-- where have you been?

#20     Dec 30, 2012