'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Ratings Plummet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 23, 2010.

1. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/sarah-palins-alaska-ratings-plummet-48403

'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Ratings Plummet

After setting a TLC ratings record last week, Sarah Palin's reality show plummeted for its second episode.

Sarah Palin's Alaska fell 40% on Sunday night to 3 million viewers.
    Not many were in the key adult demo either. Only 885,000 viewers were ages 18-49, dropping 44% from last week.
    In fact, the median age of the show is 57 -- that's 15 years older than TLC's average.

TLC expected a ratings drop coming off the high-flying premiere; executives realized some of their numbers were driven by sheer curiosity rather than eagerness to see an Alaska-based travelogue reality show. Competition from Sunday Night Football and the American Music Awards may have impacted the numbers as well.

"We are very happy with the ongoing strength of Sarah Palin's Alaska, and it continues to drive big ratings gains for TLC," said a network spokesperson, who noted Conan had a similar drop.
    Tonight, Bristol Palin will be on the Dancing With the Stars finale and there should be no shortage of viewers there given the controversy surrounding her improbable continued success on the show.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

:confused:

I thought it was a choreographed PR campaign aimed at improving her image/ratings to further her political career.

3. I thought so too.

4. Hello

Hello

I will bet you 10k that sarah Palin doesnt run in 2012..... i will give you 2-1 odds if you quit relentlessly posting about her.

5. No offence but I don't bet with people I don't know.You can however make a killing on Intrade if you really wanted to bet that she doesn't run

[​IMG]

6. Mercor

Mercor

7. Hello

Hello

Thx for posting this, i have to figure out how it works, but if the present odds on the site you have referenced stand i will bet everything i have that she will not run.

8. I didn't even comment on the subject,you guys certainly are defensive .

9. Don't do it.

10. Hello

Hello

I will reference this post 2 years from now, sarah palin will not run. I will not actually bet everything i have but im trying to figure out a way to work in a 10k bet right now.

#10     Nov 23, 2010