Sarah Palin says she can defeat President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 17, 2010.

1. We can probably count Bloomberg out of the running.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45283.html

Michael Bloomberg: Independent can't win White House

Bloomberg: Indie can't win W.H.
    By: Dan Hirschhorn
    November 17, 2010 01:38 PM EST

Michael Bloomberg says an unaffiliated candidate can’t win the presidency — a sign that the New York mayor might be leaning against an independent bid of his own.

Bloomberg told reporters that the very best an independent candidate could hope for was an electoral-vote tie, which would give final say to the House, which the GOP recaptured this month.

“Party affiliation is so strong with enough people that the Republicans and Democrats — no matter who their candidates were, no matter who voted — would get enough votes that you could get every independent vote, it would still not be a majority,” he said.

Bloomberg, a Democrat-turned-Republican-turned-independent, has been widely seen as the most likely candidate to stage an independent bid, thanks to his bipartisan appeal and his massive personal wealth. He embarked on a bipartisan endorsement tour before the midterm elections, backing both Democrats and Republicans in various races. On Monday, The Huffington Post's Howard Fineman floated the possibility that Bloomberg and MSNBC commentator Joe Scarborough, who is also a POLITICO contributor, could form an independent ticket for the White House.

#21     Nov 17, 2010
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Did you mean "intelluctual capacity"?

Quit trying to play nice Rover.

Just say it man....

She's a dope.

#22     Nov 17, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

The entire congress is a dope. Yawn.

#23     Nov 17, 2010
  4. Imo if they attack her to hard they will piss off her voters like Obama did Hilary's and lose the support of Palin-manics .I think that would also push her towards an independent run if she loses the GOP nomination.

#24     Nov 17, 2010
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, you can say that about any candidate. LOL. Come on man, bring some to the table here.

#25     Nov 17, 2010
  6. I was qouteing Lisa Murkowski.I like her personally and dont want to call her a dope :p

#26     Nov 17, 2010
  7. I don't think any candidates will attack her ,I think the GOP establishment will( Rove ,GOP groups etc )

#27     Nov 17, 2010
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'll tell you right now who will take her downtown and read her rights to her. Ron Paul. Do you think Ron Paul gives a flying f*ck about her feelings or pissing off her supporters? Seriously do you? Did you see what Ron Paul did in the 2008 Primary? Range Rover I hope you have a good day job because your career as a political pundit is over. LOL.

#28     Nov 17, 2010
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Moreso money grubbing thugs than dopes.

#29     Nov 17, 2010
  10. I know Paul will attack her,I meant one of the candidates who might actually win the nomination and need the support of her supporters.

Thinking about it though Paul is pretty old,He might not run again and Rand and Palin are political allies.Sarah agrees with Paul on some things,he would make her look like a fool when it comes to specifics.Sarah can criticize the Federal Reserve etc ,but Paul would make her look very bad when they start debating the specifics of many of her talking points

#30     Nov 17, 2010