Sarah Palin says she can defeat President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Palin says she can defeat Obama

By: Dan Berman
    November 17, 2010 05:01 PM EST

Sarah Palin believes she can be the next president of the United States.

The former Alaska governor told ABC’s Barbara Walters that she’s considering running for the Republican presidential nomination. And if she won it, she said, she could defeat President Barack Obama.

“I’m looking at the lay of the land now, and ... trying to figure that out, if it’s a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it’s a good thing,” Palin said, according to a short video clip released by ABC News.

Walters followed up with the key question: “If you ran for president, could you beat Barack Obama?”

Palin’s response: “I believe so.”

ABC will air the full interview on Dec. 9, as part of “Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People.”

© 2010 Capitol News Company, LLC

2. actually sara palin might be obamas only chance of winning reelection. if the republicans were to put forward a credible candidate like bloomberg even i would consider it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/15/lisa-murkowski-sarah-palin_n_783970.html

Republican U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she doesn't think Sarah Palin has the leadership qualities to be president, nor the "intellectual curiosity" needed to make good policy.

Murkowski shared her take on the matter during an appearance on Monday's edition of "CBS Evening News" with Katie Couric.

"I just do not think that she has those leadership qualities, that intellectual curiosity that allows for building good and great policies," explained the incumbent lawmaker when asked about a previous suggestion she's made that she wouldn't support Palin for president. "You know, she was my governor for two years. And I don't think that she enjoyed governing."

Elaborating on her view, Murkowski continued, "I want somebody that goes to bed at night and wakes up in the morning thinking about how we're going to deal with our national security issues, how we're going to deal with our economy, how we're going to deal with providing better education or peace in the Middle East."

3. I doubt Bloomberg would get the nomination,he would do no better the Rudy Giuliani imo

I think it will be Romney,Huck or Palin

If Palin wins the nomination Obama easily wins.The question mark for me is if Palin loses the nomination will she run 3rd party ?

Bloomberg has been hinting at running,I think he knows he wont get the Republican nomination or the democratic nomination in 2012,I wonder if he would run 3rd party ? Bloomberg running as 3rd party hurts Obama imo

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, Bloomberg has already indicated an interest running 3rd party. Definitely will siphon votes away from Obama. Obama is done either way. In all seriousness, there is a lot of talk of him actually not seeking re-election.

5. I agree Bloomberg as an independent would probably end any chance of Obama winning re-election.I don't agree Obama is done and if he still has a 45 -50 % approval rating in 2011-2012 no way he's isn't running.Axlrod has already said they are starting on his re election campaign

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Of course Axlrod is going to say that. What do you expect him to say? So Range Rover, who are you going to support on the left if Obama does not run? Come on, let's hear it.

7. I dont think there is any chance Obama wont run and the talk of him not running is pure bull crap.What President with a 45-50 % approval rating would even consider such a thing ?

With that said I hope he doesn't run as he has pissed me off by continually trying to appease Republicans.I want a Democratic President who will fight and attack Republicans as much as they do him

If he doesn't run though my first choice would be Howard Dean

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BcUU41zjreM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BcUU41zjreM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not this Howard Dean is it?

9. Ron Paul 2012!!!

#10     Nov 17, 2010