Sarah Palin on BP Oil Spill: 'We Need to Keep Drilling'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shortie, May 14, 2010.

1. MGB

MGB

The energy requirements of this country is going up and continues to go up. We have to continue to find new sources of energy and that includes drilling, nuclear, solar, wind, geothermal currents, etc.

#11     May 14, 2010
  2. MGB

MGB

Get in line... :)

#12     May 14, 2010
  3. MGB

MGB

Agreed, we need better technology.

#13     May 14, 2010
  4. MGB

MGB

I would push for "all of the above" solutions...

The energy requirements of this country is going up and continues to go up. We have to continue to find new sources of energy and that includes drilling, nuclear, solar, wind, geothermal currents, etc.

#14     May 14, 2010
  5. MGB

MGB

Agreed.

Sarah Palin is a dumbass of the highest order, but I don't necessarily disagree with her on this one. The biggest reason for this oil disaster is not the fact that they were drilling, but apparently there was very little regulation from the federal government. From what I've read the Bush and Obama administrations overlooked some serious warnings that more regulations were needed.[/QUOTE]

She's smart. And the problem is lack of effective regulation by the government and lack of integrity by the drilling companies.

I haven't made up my mind on whether we should keep drilling but obviously we need to be wayyy more careful. [/QUOTE]

You do realize that we have to continue to get new sources of energy for our country.

#15     May 14, 2010
  6. Agree and that's the problem with politics and ppl in general. They don't want the truth they want to be told yes. I am for Nuclear Power but I want an objective study done it, and yes you can put in my backyard. But don't give me study from Haliburton, BP, Xcel or any of them. And when you give me your study explain the model and the pros and cons. Three Mile Island was eon's ago and so was Chernobyl. If France can do it, we certainly can.

#16     May 14, 2010
  7. MGB

MGB

I would like America to reduce its' dependence on oil.

#17     May 14, 2010
  8. wave

wave

We need "excess use" taxes. Excess water use, excess landscaping noise tax, excess fuel consumption tax, excess large lawn tax. That will set the more and bigger is better folks straight.

Funny thing, I take the least care for my lawn and I have the best. Neighbors spending their time cutting their grass like every other day and watering the shit out of it. Cracks me up what a bunch of crackpots folks are. For nature's sake, go read a book and let the lawn be.

#18     May 14, 2010
  9. MGB

MGB

America car companies in bed with the petroleum industry? Not true. I don't like antedotes.

#19     May 14, 2010
  10. wave

wave

Man I am so tired of hypocrites and fake people. I am registered Republican but with an open mind and not "IGNORANT." The hypocrisy and ignorance of my Republican friends is starting to weigh on me.

#20     May 14, 2010