Sarah Palin is Being Hidden From The Press

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Really?

"The Vice President of the United States is the first person in the presidential line of succession, becoming the new President of the United States upon the death, resignation, or removal of the president."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States
    I don't think "being a Christian" is controversial. However, try not to confuse "being a Christian" with wearing your fundamentalist views on your sleeve awaiting an opportunity to impose them on others. For example, supporting the teaching of creationism in science classrooms, questioning librarians how they would respond to the censoring of books, and the opposition to abortion under any circumstances. You start waving that shit around and people are bound to start turning their noses.

#21     Sep 24, 2008
  2. He is 72 years old...odds are actually pretty good if he is elected she will serve. She has no choice now but if/when she is president then she will have the power....I wonder if she will give interviews then?

#22     Sep 24, 2008
  3. I don't know....with such pressing economic issues perhaps she needs to get back to her duties as governor....I don't care about media but when does Joe Blow get to have his questions about her answered, if the media doesn't ask and she doesn't take questions from citizens (whose vote she is asking for)????

BTW I have voted 2 to 1 for Republicans for president in the past. It has been the utter incompetance of this Republican President and the BLIND sheep that follows the party line that forced me to change my party affiliation from independent to Democrat.

#23     Sep 24, 2008
  4. On Tuesday, progressive writer and documentarian Max Blumenthal reported on visits he had made to Palin's former church, the Wasilla Assembly of God, in late September, and the sermons of the controversial visiting pastor, Thomas Muthee.

"Muthee implored his audience to wage 'spiritual warfare' against 'the enemy.' As I filmed, a nervous church staffer approached from behind and told me to put my camera away. I acceded to his demand, but as Muthee urged the church to crush 'the python spirit' of the unbeliever enemies by stomping on their necks, I pulled out a smaller camera and filmed from a more discreet position. Now, church members were in deep prayer, speaking in tongues and raising their hands. Muthee exclaimed, 'We come against the spirit of witchcraft! We come against the python spirits!' Then, a local pastor took the mic from Muthee and added, 'We stomp on the heads of the enemy!'"

The story provides another strange ripple to Palin's religious background. As reported earlier, the Alaska Governor once credited Muthee with helping spiritually propel her to the governor's chair.

"He was praying: 'Lord make a way, Lord make a way,'" Palin recalled of Muthee during a speech to congregants at Wasilla Assembly of God. "And I'm thinking, this guy's really bold, he doesn't even know what I'm going to do, he doesn't know what my plans are. And he's praying not 'oh Lord if it be your will may she become governor,' No, he just prayed for it. He said 'Lord make a way and let her do this next step.' And that's exactly what happened."

Blumenthal, in addition to his on the scenes reporting, posts video of the sermon which Palin references (footage begins at 7:30). In it, the minister implores Jesus to protect Palin from "the spirit of witchcraft." Earlier, he states, "We need God taking over our education system. If we have God in our schools, we will not have our kids being taught how to worship Buddha, how to worship Muhammad. We will not have in the curriculum witchcraft and sorcery." He also preaches, "The other area is the media. We need believers in the media. We need God taking over the media in our lives."

The Kenyan-based minister (who reportedly started his ministry by preaching against witchcraft) has given guest sermons in Wasilla on at least 10 occasions. Palin, meanwhile, left the church in 2002, though she continued to be listed as "a friend," as recently as June. Moreover Palin, as the Huffington Post reported, recently appeared at Wasilla Assembly of God where she framed the Iraq war and even a natural gas pipeline in Alaska as tasks from God.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/24/video-palin-shown-praying_n_128873.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl4HIc-yfgM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl4HIc-yfgM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#24     Sep 24, 2008
  5. How terribly unfortunate that you don't matter anymore since, as a Democrat, you are no longer a patriot. Those are the rules. Perhaps when Pabst hears about your change of heart he will accuse you of being a rabid communist spy, as he is wont to do. That's the protocol in these here parts. You see, Pabst and his ilk harbor a lot of rage desperately seeking expression. True patriots are like that, don't you know.

#25     Sep 24, 2008
  6. "black Jew broad"

Going for the trifecta of crass...

When it comes to being crude, bigoted, and ignorant, past it wins, places, and always shows...

#26     Sep 24, 2008
  7. Welcome to the american taliban.

they'll give you the vote if you give them the right to flash a light up a womans vagina.

All other issues are irrelevant.

With Palin in power, we'll have late-night book-burning sessions instead of late-night economic strategy sessions.

ah, the powers of modern medicine. allows the retards to multiply like rabbits.

#27     Sep 24, 2008
  8. That actually describes you.

You've got a new name. Whoopi LoZZZerberg.

#28     Sep 24, 2008
  9. "Connecticut Democrats are considering whether to ask Sen. Joe Lieberman to leave the party for speaking at the Republicans' convention and backing GOP presidential nominee John McCain."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080924/ap_on_re_us/lieberman_democrats

#29     Sep 24, 2008
  10. Mercor

Mercor

Remember, Democrats say to be a patriot you only need to pay more mandated taxes.

#30     Sep 24, 2008