Sarah Palin is Being Hidden From The Press

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Just because you and OTHER idiots "think" the media is a public watchdog doesn't make it so, does it? I'm sure there's people who view Lindsay Lohan as an "artist" as well. Where were these pious daily newspapers when the politicians they've endorsed over the years turned their cities turned into overtaxed, crime ridden slums? The media is directly COMPLICET in the problems of America.

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. I'm to dense to follow your point.

Does anyone else get Rep. Phil English confused with Ned Beatty?

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. Actually crime has decreased in the US since about 1990.

Since you felt that the media was complicit, does the media get some credit for this?

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. Honestly I DO give the media credit for crime reduction.

When local broadcasters began sensationalizing homicide coverage-liberals and media critics in academia went berserk. How dare the Fox affiliate lead off with a shooting in Hialeah while weightier issues go uncovered. As if a fatal carjacking a few blocks away isn't news worthy.
    In my view though it was the highlighting of crime by the media which contributed to Americans being less tolerant of criminal activity. It's been decades since one has heard the term “bleeding heart judges” or “lax penalties.”

On the other hand I see news coverage now swinging the other way. More and more newspapers are following the PC doctrine of not identifying suspects based on race. We're all cynical about these limp wristed descriptions, “police are seeking a 6'2 male approximately 210 pounds with a visible scar...' Like race isn't an important identifiable criteria. Also newspapers and television find it increasingly important to give equal voice to unverified claims. We've all heard “witnesses” on camera after an officer involved shooting claim”they just shot that boy in cold blood!!” Of course after thorough investigation we learn that the deceased not only was armed but had a lengthy record and was shooting at police before he met his maker. Sensationalism in the media goes both ways.....

#14     Sep 24, 2008
  5. As she hasn't been governer all that long not so sure. As Mayor she asked about the possibility of banning "objectional" books. I grew up in the Church she is from and they believe like the radical muslims that it is our Christian duty to inject Religion into the government. Hannity and whats his name :D you've got to be kidding! I want to see her on "The View"...THAT I would watch!

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  6. If Sarah and Elisabeth Hasselbeck were allowed to pummel the shit out of that black Jew broad on the View, America would erupt in applause.

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  7. Being the Christian charmer that you are, it continues to amaze me that your run for elective office amounted to nothing. Not unlike most of your diatribes right here at ET.

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  8. 4XQs

4XQs

Wow, you sure must be a hotshot debater. When wrong, bark louder, offend and swear. Does that make you profitable when trading? Maybe it worked on the floor for you, with the big boys club and a monopoly to fill orders.

Just because you and other idiots "think" the media is left-wing doesn't make it so, does it? Just because you and other idiots think the media isn't a public watchdog doesn't make you right.

Go back to sucking newbies to pay for your words of wisdom - what's the matter, your floor trading tick-stealing not helping you out in the electronic markets? Learn to trade, learn to read, and think happy thoughts when the worst administration in history is given a sendoff to remember.

#18     Sep 24, 2008
  9. #19     Sep 24, 2008
  10. I don't really understand why Palin's ideas are relevant. She is not heading the ticket, John McCain is. She has no choice but to go along with whatever he wants.

As for her religion, it's sad to me that in modern America being a Christian is considered potentially controversial. I would wager that the views of her church are far more acceptable to mainstream America than the black liberation theology espoused by Obama's church. If Palin wants to pray in tongues, I don't see how it hurts anyone. The radical agenda of the church Obama proudly attended for 20 years is another matter. Funny that the media is totally uninterested in it or such issues as slavery reparations.

#20     Sep 24, 2008